Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
So I don't smoke cigs or drink alcohol but I do have my marijuana card for medical reasons; nausea, insomnia, anxiety.. but.
I just found out I'm pregnant which I know can make all these ^ even worse. And prescriptions make me nervous so I'm thinking marijuana could be a more natural option.
Or not?
What if I ingested instead of smoking?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 4:55 PM
Replies (51-60):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 16, 2013 at 5:24 PM
3 moms liked this
Depending upon the level of your medical issues if would be safer to use marijuana to treat your medical issues than to use one, two, three different manmade medications which are class C drugs. No medication is always the best choice, if medication is necessary, I suggest you do your own research, privately and then make a decision you are comfortable with. Every bit of research I have done has shown no ill effects on a baby from marijuana used moderately for medical issues during pregnancy. There is also a group here on CM for moms for the legalization of Marijuana, there are a LOT of really educated women in there. Check it out. I hope you feel better soon!
Nbebemakes4
by Bronze Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 5:24 PM
1 mom liked this
How bout I just ask my Dr & hospital. Or just quit when I'm feeling better and the baby will have nothing in its system. But smoking doesn't make me a bad mom. I live in Michigan, everyone smokes. I see people that have always smoke & their kids are with them everyday.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quote:

I do have my marijuana card for medical reasons; nausea, insomnia, anxiety.

not if she lives in Co or Wa, and she has a script for it, so it must be legal where she is too...please don't spread false rumors

Quoting fullxbusymom:

No No No because your growing fetus is ingesting that too and you have no idea the irreparable damage you may do.  You could also lose custody of your baby if they drug test the baby when it is born.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 16, 2013 at 5:25 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm sorry you're actually wrong about that one snookums

Quoting Anonymous:

Again, research it. You may learn something. I'm sorry you took that risk and now you're annoyed with this information. It's your problem, not mine.

Quoting Anonymous:

schizophrenia is an inherited condition...triggers can set it off....i highly doubt weed had anything to do with it....how do know the mom didn't drink or do other drugs while preggo too?  

Quoting Anonymous:

Research it again. In fact there's a woman on here who has schizophrenia and her mother smoked weed while pregnant.

Quoting Anonymous:

Bullshit. I researched it when I was pregnant and while they did a study in I think the 80s to see IF marijuana use on pregnancy caused schizophrenia and the results found NO LINK between marijuana use and schizophrenia. The conclusive studies I read found that marijuana is harmless and can even be beneficial! People need to get over all this old school propaganda that demonizes a beautiful and awesome natural medication.

Quoting Anonymous:

Research it, it can cause schizophrenia later in the childs life.

fullxbusymom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 5:25 PM

Only in very FEW states and I think it is a crying shame that anybody would risk their baby legal or not!!  It is plain stupidity.  So glad I live in a state where any amt. is illegal and you will go to jail for even so much as drug paraphernalia on your person even if they don't find an actual joint.

Quoting Anonymous:

That's false. There was just recently a case about this and they rules in favor of the mother who had her mj card. The baby doesn't have a script for any pain meds used during birth, but will definitely be born with them in it's system if the mother opts to use them. Both drugs are legal - there is no difference

Quoting fullxbusymom:

This isn't a rumor yes SHE has a script for it but it is not legal for her child!!!  If that child is born with drugs in its system regardless she could lose him/her if they drug test the baby.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quote:

I do have my marijuana card for medical reasons; nausea, insomnia, anxiety.

not if she lives in Co or Wa, and she has a script for it, so it must be legal where she is too...please don't spread false rumors

Quoting fullxbusymom:

No No No because your growing fetus is ingesting that too and you have no idea the irreparable damage you may do.  You could also lose custody of your baby if they drug test the baby when it is born.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 16, 2013 at 5:27 PM
LOL. Nope. I understand why you want me to be though.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm sorry you're actually wrong about that one snookums

Quoting Anonymous:

Again, research it. You may learn something. I'm sorry you took that risk and now you're annoyed with this information. It's your problem, not mine.

Quoting Anonymous:

schizophrenia is an inherited condition...triggers can set it off....i highly doubt weed had anything to do with it....how do know the mom didn't drink or do other drugs while preggo too?  

Quoting Anonymous:

Research it again. In fact there's a woman on here who has schizophrenia and her mother smoked weed while pregnant.

Quoting Anonymous:

Bullshit. I researched it when I was pregnant and while they did a study in I think the 80s to see IF marijuana use on pregnancy caused schizophrenia and the results found NO LINK between marijuana use and schizophrenia. The conclusive studies I read found that marijuana is harmless and can even be beneficial! People need to get over all this old school propaganda that demonizes a beautiful and awesome natural medication.

Quoting Anonymous:

shortcake82418
by Silver Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 5:27 PM
A lot of my old neighbors used to smoke when pregnant..said it helped them eat better b/c of lack of nausea and reduced back pain. idk the affects of cognitive abilities...but they're kids came out fine.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 16, 2013 at 5:28 PM

Man it makes me laugh how people smoke weed for anxiety when thats a side effect of smoking it

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 16, 2013 at 5:28 PM
I have hypermesis and use it. It's the only thing keeping me out of the hospital.
isleysmom
by Silver Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 5:29 PM
4 moms liked this

I am baffled at the misinformation about marijuana. I don't usually comment on these types of posts but people really need to do their research. It is no where near as harmful as man made prescription drugs. Even Tylenol can be deadly. Pay attention to what you are putting into your bodies. Don't just take something because a doctor says it's okay. Sometimes a doc pushes a med because they are getting kickbacks from the pharmaceutical companies. It sucks but it's true.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 16, 2013 at 5:29 PM
3 moms liked this
Provide me with a link then. I refuse to go on a wild goose chase online simply to disprove the scare tactics you're pushing. Marijuana is SAFE the war on drugs has failed and you propaganda pushing, closed minded types need to let it go and stop trying to scare sick moms out of using a safe and natural alternative to prescription medication. Also I follow the world of weed very very closely Im sure if some revolutionary study with such damning proof had occurred in the two years since I had my son that I would have heard about it before now. As far as the women you claim to be a real life victim, well schizophrenia is one of those things that the medical community does not have a concrete theory on wad exactly causes it so while her mother may have smokes while she was pregnant its far more likely that women is looking far an easy answer to "why me". People have been using marijuana for centuries, if it had such ill effects I think that it would be more widely publicized.

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh and this wasn't from a study in the 80's. LOL.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)