Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
So I don't smoke cigs or drink alcohol but I do have my marijuana card for medical reasons; nausea, insomnia, anxiety.. but.
I just found out I'm pregnant which I know can make all these ^ even worse. And prescriptions make me nervous so I'm thinking marijuana could be a more natural option.
Or not?
What if I ingested instead of smoking?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 4:55 PM
Replies (271-280):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 33 on Mar. 17, 2013 at 4:14 PM
They will not take your baby for mj use. I promise you. If you need it then use it, it will be okay and you will come home with your baby.

Quoting lexiloo714:

I would right now (23w pregnant) if i weren't so paranoid about having them take my baby away.
grnhsegoddess
by Silver Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 4:22 PM
2 moms liked this

Marijuana makes black men rape our white women, too....

Quoting Anonymous:

Bullshit. I researched it when I was pregnant and while they did a study in I think the 80s to see IF marijuana use on pregnancy caused schizophrenia and the results found NO LINK between marijuana use and schizophrenia. The conclusive studies I read found that marijuana is harmless and can even be beneficial! People need to get over all this old school propaganda that demonizes a beautiful and awesome natural medication.

Quoting Anonymous:

Research it, it can cause schizophrenia later in the childs life.

Cmgmqmmom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 4:54 PM

If you feel good about your choices, then that's fine. You don't need to justify it to me. I don't believe in drgs overall, not just marijuana.

I do want to be clear that I do not wish harm or pain on you or your baby in any case. I may think it's trashy, I may think there is no place for it in a home with children, but what you do in your own home is your own business.

As a medical professional, I disagree with the use of medicinal marijuana. If literally EVERY OTHER non-narcotic method of treatment has failed maybe that is another story. I don't know a single reputable physician that would prescribe marijuana to a pregnant woman.

Quoting Ber-Lynn:

Quoting Cmgmqmmom:

Trashy. I don't care if it's legal, I don't care if it's a prescription. Drugs have no place in a home with children or during pregnancy.
I know I seem to be in the minority on CM regarding this, but there is no argument that has been made yet to change my mind.
It's just my honest opinion. However, it's your body, your baby. Do whatever you want.

Look at it this way. You are in excruciating pain and you know that narcotics are very very bad for a growing fetus. Yet you are in so much pain you can't sleep, you can't eat, this is making it very unsafe for your unborn child. You look at all your options and medical marijuana is your best option. There are strains of marijuana that have high levels of CBD and low levels of THC so there is no psychoactive effects when used. You can use a vaporizer, ingest it and here are more options besides smoking it.

Sometimes you are stuck between a rock and a hard space.

Now imagine that you are a mother that is still in debilitating chronic pain and you are the primary care taker of a child. If you take prescription pills it kind of helps with the pain but it makes you feel horrible and you just can't get out of bed because you feel so sick. Yet with medical marijuana it helps tremendously with the pain without the nasty side effects.

Medical marijuana has given me my life back. I know people look down on it but it is not an evil drug and can actually do a lot of good for some.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 34 on Mar. 17, 2013 at 5:01 PM

Probably not a good idea....you should avoid it if you can.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 16 on Mar. 17, 2013 at 5:04 PM

Pot can cause medical issues in children if their mother smoke it while pregnant...attention problems as well as increased risk of leukemia amongst other things. 

Quoting redneckmama4:

Quoting Anonymous:

Do you know what hg is? If not treated properly, terrible things can happen to mom and baby, deadly issues.

Pot is natural.

Ber-Lynn
by Count Me In on Mar. 17, 2013 at 5:11 PM
Quoting Cmgmqmmom:

I have been in pain since I was a child, I have tried a rediculus amount of pain medications and none worked even half as close as marijuana. I am just saying maybe you should open your mind a little because it can be a very helpful medication, and like I said they have strains that do not cause psychoactive effects.
Cmgmqmmom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 5:22 PM

As I said, your life, your choice. I am glad it works out for you.

I don't think pot has any business in the body of a pregnant woman, in the same way that any drug does not belong there, alcohol doesn't belong there and nicotine. if you then need to use pot for whatever reason your doctor has justified it to you after you have given birth, then that's on you as long as it doesn't affect your ability to care for your child. It is my opinion that the above mentioned things have no business in a home that houses children. If my doctor gave me pot as an option for treatment, I would look for a real doctor.

Once again, it's my opinion. I have listened to the arguments and there has been nothing told to me that I didn't know. Anecdotal evidence is not scientific evidence.

Quoting Ber-Lynn:

Quoting Cmgmqmmom:

I have been in pain since I was a child, I have tried a rediculus amount of pain medications and none worked even half as close as marijuana. I am just saying maybe you should open your mind a little because it can be a very helpful medication, and like I said they have strains that do not cause psychoactive effects.

fullxbusymom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 6:06 PM

Yup that point has already been argued.

Quoting Ber-Lynn:

Quoting fullxbusymom:

No No No because your growing fetus is ingesting that too and you have no idea the irreparable damage you may do.  You could also lose custody of your baby if they drug test the baby when it is born.

In states hat it is medically legal that is not true. My doctors knew so there was no need to test. I will say to you what I said to another mom.

Look at it this way. You are in excruciating pain and you know that narcotics are very very bad for a growing fetus. Yet you are in so much pain you can't sleep, you can't eat, this is making it very unsafe for your unborn child. You look at all your options and medical marijuana is your best option. There are strains of marijuana that have high levels of CBD and low levels of THC so there is no psychoactive effects when used. You can use a vaporizer, ingest it and here are more options besides smoking it.

Sometimes you are stuck between a rock and a hard space.

Now imagine that you are a mother that is still in debilitating chronic pain and you are the primary care taker of a child. If you take prescription pills it kind of helps with the pain but it makes you feel horrible and you just can't get out of bed because you feel so sick. Yet with medical marijuana it helps tremendously with the pain without the nasty side effects.

Medical marijuana has given me my life back. I know people look down on it but it is not an evil drug and can actually do a lot of good for some.

Nbebemakes4
by Bronze Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 8:27 PM
2 moms liked this
Thankyou to everyone that posted here that was respectful & supportive. I obviously expected views from both sides, but the extent that people take their opinion to is ridiculous. I never smoked during my 1st pregnancy(which had its complications) & have not made my decision to smoke or not during this pregnancy. So judging so harshly to go as far as to tell me to smoke crack? Or smoke a blunt with my newborn? Wow. I think that you need to worry less about the effects of mj on my children & more about the horrible example of how to treat people you are setting for your children.
"Hey kids weed is evil but its alright to bash people if their views differ from yours"
Or its just that your life is so sad that ANONYMOUSLY hating people over the internet helps you sleep at night, if that's the fact then I'm the one that feels sorry for YOU.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
redneckmama4
by Loree on Mar. 18, 2013 at 10:36 AM
Quoting Anonymous:

Sorry but I don't buy into that train of thought...which it is.

The issues caused by the prescription meds are real, documented and freak me out. It is a newborn pandemic imo and doctors are taught to encourage this line of thinkin'.

All our children in school are gifted and the youngest reaches above his sisters and brother.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)