Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I confess OMG- UPDATE! PICTURE HEAVY

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

That girls can wrestle as well as boys! My daughter played in her first tournament yesterday! She placed 3rd place and my son won 1st! Very fun day I love watching them play!

UPDATE-My daughter played again yesterday. With a little practice and a whole lot of fun she got 1st place!

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 16, 2013 at 5:53 PM
Replies (11-20):
Crafty8852
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 5:59 PM

Awesome :) 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 16, 2013 at 6:00 PM

Quoting gabriellasmomma:

Awesome!!! My six year old dd was set on wrestling. She only did it for a month but I'm so proud of her for at least trying. She was the only girl.

Yeah! Very happy she tried it! There seems to be more and more girls joining every year!

Kerriebear007
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 6:00 PM
That's awesome!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Destiny907
by Gold Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 6:00 PM

She won't be doing it in the 7th Grade, unless she bulks up like an Amazon.................boys are stronger than most of us women by the time they are 12.

Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 6:01 PM
How adorable is that?
BeAmour
by Tonya on Mar. 16, 2013 at 6:03 PM
Get it girl!!!!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 16, 2013 at 6:13 PM

Quoting illinoismommy83:

Do you get nervous when they wrestle? My old co-worker's son was on the high school wrestling team and she would show me videos of the match. My anxiety levels were through the roof. One small wrong move and the kids would be paralyzed for life!

Ugh. Yes, I know it can happen in gymnastics and swimming and other seemingly harmless things... but wrestling just seems like the risk of injury would be much greater.

Hello and thank you for the reply! I do get nervous for my children. Not so much in the injury aspect though. Everyone is weighed in and they wrestle other children very close to their weight category. I'm trying to think of a good way to explain it. My children are 6 and 7, have not seen many injuries in this age group as they are not nearly as aggressive as the high  yet. The high schoolers do scare me though. Worst injury Ive seen is a broken ankle :(.These wrestlers are trained though in how to avoid injury also. You live and take chances. Just try to carry medical insurance and have fun in the meantime.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 16, 2013 at 6:28 PM

bump for edit

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 17, 2013 at 1:52 AM
bump
PhoenixsMommy10
by Gold Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 1:57 AM
There was a girl on my high school's wrestling team. She was 4'10" and around 100lbs. She was the feather weight champ.

Quoting Destiny907:

She won't be doing it in the 7th Grade, unless she bulks up like an Amazon.................boys are stronger than most of us women by the time they are 12.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)