Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I confess OMG- UPDATE! PICTURE HEAVY

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

That girls can wrestle as well as boys! My daughter played in her first tournament yesterday! She placed 3rd place and my son won 1st! Very fun day I love watching them play!

UPDATE-My daughter played again yesterday. With a little practice and a whole lot of fun she got 1st place!

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 16, 2013 at 5:53 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 17, 2013 at 3:33 AM
Nice! I heard girls can be great and they are most flexible. Good advantage! Way to go for that girl!

Quoting PhoenixsMommy10:

There was a girl on my high school's wrestling team. She was 4'10" and around 100lbs. She was the feather weight champ.

Quoting Destiny907:

She won't be doing it in the 7th Grade, unless she bulks up like an Amazon.................boys are stronger than most of us women by the time they are 12.

hazel1922
by Gold Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 3:34 AM
Girl power!! Lol (:
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 17, 2013 at 3:36 AM
Very true. I doubt she will by 7th grade anyways. However there are no other sports for children her age right now and she is enjoying it while it lasts. They let 4th grade and up play basketball and volleyball. She is only in kindergarten!

Quoting Destiny907:

She won't be doing it in the 7th Grade, unless she bulks up like an Amazon.................boys are stronger than most of us women by the time they are 12.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 17, 2013 at 3:37 AM
Yeah! Thank you!

Quoting hazel1922:

Girl power!! Lol (:

mom2hadley
by Heather on Mar. 17, 2013 at 3:38 AM
That's awesome!
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 17, 2013 at 3:39 AM
Thanks! And thank you all for your previous comments and for letting me share this!

Quoting mom2hadley:

That's awesome!

mattiehatter
by Mary on Mar. 17, 2013 at 3:40 AM

I would not think of gymnastics as a harmless sport. I love watching it though.

Quoting illinoismommy83:

Do you get nervous when they wrestle? My old co-worker's son was on the high school wrestling team and she would show me videos of the match. My anxiety levels were through the roof. One small wrong move and the kids would be paralyzed for life!

Ugh. Yes, I know it can happen in gymnastics and swimming and other seemingly harmless things... but wrestling just seems like the risk of injury would be much greater.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 17, 2013 at 3:48 AM
Gymnastics is a fun sport too!

Quoting mattiehatter:

I would not think of gymnastics as a harmless sport. I love watching it though.

Quoting illinoismommy83:

Do you get nervous when they wrestle? My old co-worker's son was on the high school wrestling team and she would show me videos of the match. My anxiety levels were through the roof. One small wrong move and the kids would be paralyzed for life!

Ugh. Yes, I know it can happen in gymnastics and swimming and other seemingly harmless things... but wrestling just seems like the risk of injury would be much greater.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 20, 2013 at 2:46 PM

bump for the update

goddess99
by Silver Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 2:48 PM

Love it! Good for her =)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)