Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My confession - I married my husband for looks

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 33 Replies

I always thought of myself as a very deep, very intellectual person with a lot of integrity.

But, at some point I started to put a lot of importance on looking good.

Now, my opinion of what looks good is sometimes different than a lot of people (I don't like the fake, tanned, ultra-sculpted, heavy make up look, for example).

I love my husband. We're happy. But, he's actually extremely unintelligent and his personality is so-so, and I was willing to give up stimulating conversation and an intellectual equal because of how much I loved his face and body.

I'm not sure if a lot of women do that, and it's normal, or if I'm just a big creepy jerk...

But I've noticed that more and more in my life I care about being around good-looking people, and I've become very particular with my own appearance.

I know a lot of women on here think that way too, but I always saw myself as less shallow than that.

It's scaring me a little to realize that maybe I'm just a big superficial hypocrite.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 16, 2013 at 6:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kerannmer
by Gold Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 6:18 PM

While I don't think the emphasis of a relationship should solely be based on appearance, I DO think you should be attracted to your partner. Let's hope nothing ever happens to your spouse, such as a disfigurement or obesity. I'm sure if it did, it wouldn't matter as much to you as you think, as you love your husband. I don't think you're a creepy jerk, lol.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 16, 2013 at 6:20 PM
So if he ever gets into an accident, altering his appearance, you will......,
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 16, 2013 at 6:21 PM
1 mom liked this

We all do things for odd reasons. As long as your happy, and hes happy.....

I married for both intellect and looks. Dh isnt a conventional pretty boy. Hes 6ft,250,long hair, goatee....But dresses very sharp.  Hes an x-trucker, semi retired and a biker(harley).   Hes SUPER smart...and talking to him is always fun and interesting.

But i preferred the brain over looks...I just got lucky on both parts.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 16, 2013 at 6:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Kerannmer:

While I don't think the emphasis of a relationship should solely be based on appearance, I DO think you should be attracted to your partner. Let's hope nothing ever happens to your spouse, such as a disfigurement or obesity. I'm sure if it did, it wouldn't matter as much to you as you think, as you love your husband. I don't think you're a creepy jerk, lol.

Yes, that's one thing I do have to give myself credit for, I guess.

I am commited to him no matter what, even if he was disfigured he would still be my husband, and my love.

And, when we're old and he loses his looks, I'll still be faithful and adoring.

I am actually very confident in that fact, so that's good! lol

kngarber
by Katie on Mar. 16, 2013 at 6:22 PM

That is sad :(

Tinkerbellmama
by Silver Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 6:22 PM

I married my hubby for his looks too. It just so happens he's also an amazing person, incredibly smart, and funny as hell.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 16, 2013 at 6:24 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

So if he ever gets into an accident, altering his appearance, you will......,

Here, i'll copy and paste my answer to this:

Yes, that's one thing I do have to give myself credit for, I guess.

I am commited to him no matter what, even if he was disfigured he would still be my husband, and my love.

And, when we're old and he loses his looks, I'll still be faithful and adoring.

I am actually very confident in that fact, so that's good! lol

TranquilMind
by Ruby Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 6:25 PM

Well, it does seem really shallow, but you are actually analyzing it, which I find interesting.

Will you still be there for him if illness strikes him and the "handsome" is gone?  It can happen to anyone.  Looks are fleeting.

brandydesiree
by Platinum Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 6:25 PM
I married my hubby for his looks too. Luckily, he's also very intelligent, makes great money, witty, and is very social.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MrsCountryMama
by Platinum Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 6:28 PM
1 mom liked this
I married for his personality and humor we just click, his smile and great ass were just a bonus. :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured