Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I LET my man beat me and belittle me.... but I am in control..ask me anything

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 93 Replies
3 moms liked this

I do not exist except for what he makes me. I do not make my own decisions. I used to be a vegitarian but now I eat steak, it is my favorite meal because he says so. I can not buy things at the store without his permission.

Only he knows what is right to buy for his family, including me because I can't make decisions on my own. I get things thrown at me when I disobey. But its okay because I made a mistake, I deserve to be punished. I do not masterbate because it is disgusting. Only he can masterbate because for men it is natural. Also, it is only natural to have sex missionary. If I suggest otherwise I am a disgusting whore. But I shouldn't have asked. I should have known better.

I have to clean up the mess from the cup he threw at my head that broke and coffee got all over the couch and wall, I didn't wash my cup by the time he came home. Doesnt' matter that I was still drinking it, I should have been sitting on the couch hands folded, with food on the table waiting for him, any sign of ME should be gone from his sight so I deserved his punishment.

He punishes me in public, asking others to join in in my humiliation because I am too stupid to be in public with people. I should have known not to be stupid.

This is what I went through in a domestic VIOLENCE relationship. I finally got out and I am so happy for it. I stayed because I felt so little and insignificant that I thought I could never live without his guidance. But I am SOOOO much better for leaving. I LOVE my life now. I make my OWN choices which, omg you don't know how big of a deal that is until you went without it for so many years.

I just don't understand how someone could intentionally put themself in this situation and talk about it like it is a GOOD thing.

(my title was attention grabbing, that is all)

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 16, 2013 at 8:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Maks1mommy
by Emerald Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 8:02 PM
Wow....
Uhm, I got nothing....
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
nelliesmommy
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 8:05 PM

I went through that crap also. It's insane.

fallen_angel231
by Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 8:06 PM
2 moms liked this
Good job getting out! I felt much better when I got to the end of your post. :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 16, 2013 at 8:06 PM
Better a hard marriage than a broken family.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 16, 2013 at 8:07 PM

How old were when you met him?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 16, 2013 at 8:08 PM
1 mom liked this
I just clicked out of another post about a situation like this. She said she is the one who came up with the idea. I hope she reads this and she what she's getting herself into.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 16, 2013 at 8:09 PM
Yep. Been there. Add in having dinner being ready at 5:30, he works late and won't have 'left overs' so throws it away. Then the physical violence as well. He was crafty. Never left marks on my face or anywhere obvious. Got hit in the head with a golf club. The back of the head. Slammed against walls. Back was bruised and sore a lot. Food taken away because 'I didn't need it'. Life changes when you get out. I'm so strong willed now. I have actually stepped in between a man hitting his girl in a bar and took her to her aunt's house. I can't tolerate seeing that. She was only 22. She said she was leaving him. I pray she did.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 16, 2013 at 8:10 PM

I was 20 when we met. I had my own apartment, my own car and was in the middle of my education. At the time I thought the only people who can get into an abusive relationship were people who got caught up because of pregnancy, or didnt have a good job or education and felt trapped. I actually gave things up to be with him. I am still suprised I ended up in that type of relationship. He was actually  a decent person otherwise. Unless you were in public with us when he belittled me (which happened more and more often later in the relationship) you would  never think someone like him was capable of that sort of thing.

Quoting Anonymous:

How old were when you met him?

ms.sophsmom
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 8:10 PM
Did i just read this on FB?? or maybe alot of similar situations on CM tonight :/ either way. Not good. Scary and possibly deadly in fact. no good can come of being someones property and nt their partner.
GreenAndLean
by Bronze Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 8:11 PM

WTF????

That is far beyond a hard marriage.

I was in a shitty marriage but not as controlling and abusive as that one. Who would let that go on even for a day?

Quoting Anonymous:

Better a hard marriage than a broken family.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)