Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

alright birches, tell me what to make for dinner

Posted by   + Show Post
I have :

2 small potatoes

1/2 a sweet potato

garlic

onions

marinara

pasta

Rice

canned chicken

canned corn and assorted canned veggies

Margarine

cream of celery soup

What can I make. I also have staples, seasonings, flour, etc

Ok so I sauteed the potatoes diced small with half an onion and some garlic. I added the chicken and the can of celery soup with some flax milk to thin it out. Oh yeah and some grated parmesan.. I added in a can of mixed veggies and I'm making some linguine to serve it over. It does really taste like a pot pie filling and I bet it'll be great on the pasta.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 9:12 PM
Replies (11-20):
onlytheres
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 9:22 PM
1 mom liked this
Make the pasta and add the chicken and mix the marinara sauce and veggies for a side
FooLynRoo
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 9:23 PM
1 mom liked this

Make a pie crust,

fill it with the chopped chicken, potatoes, and veggies and the cream of celery soup

top with pie crust

bake

LiDoMama
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 9:23 PM
Its excellent with cream of chicken or cream of mushroom. You can add any veggies to it, and If you want you could add cheese to it for the last five minutes of baking. Anyway, since its canned, do you have mayo in the house? Chicken salad? Or rice, the chopped chicken, any veggies and mix together.

Quoting AnnieMcD:

The chicken I have is pre - cooked and canned like tuna.that spins good though. Might haveto do it next time I have a whole chicken

Quoting LiDoMama:

Baked chicken seasoned with a mixture of the celery soup and spices. Pour mixture over chicken, and bake at 350 til done. You could make rice for a side or potatoes of any sort.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FoodIsLife
by Silver Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 9:23 PM
AnnieMcD
by Platinum Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 9:23 PM
Yum. The chicken and soup over rice sounds good. Maybe I'll waite the veggies to go with.

Quoting mich.el.le:

Throw the chicken and the cream of celery soup together over rice. Veggies in or on the side.

You could do a vegetarian spaghetti.

Eggs? Sour cream? Salsa? I love all those together with a cubed (cooked) potato.

LiDoMama
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 9:24 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh that sounds really good. You should make this!

Quoting FooLynRoo:

Make a pie crust,

fill it with the chopped chicken, potatoes, and veggies and the cream of celery soup

top with pie crust

bake

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsWhite101610
by Gold Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 9:25 PM
For some reason I thought you said who burns margarine. I had to go look at her ingredients for burnt margarine then reread your comment. Lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Who buys margarine.... Well apparently you do. I would start by putting that in the trash.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mich.el.le
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 9:25 PM

Quoting AnnieMcD:

Yum. The chicken and soup over rice sounds good. Maybe I'll waite the veggies to go with.

Quoting mich.el.le:

Throw the chicken and the cream of celery soup together over rice. Veggies in or on the side.

You could do a vegetarian spaghetti.

Eggs? Sour cream? Salsa? I love all those together with a cubed (cooked) potato.

Yeah, I thought in depending on what kind you have. :) You could do a gravy too, if you have bullion, broth or soup base, instead of the crm celery soup. 

AnnieMcD
by Platinum Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 9:25 PM
Now all I need is to know how to make a pie crust...

Quoting FooLynRoo:

Make a pie crust,

top with pie crust

bake

onlytheres
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 9:25 PM
That sounds good

Quoting FooLynRoo:

Make a pie crust,

top with pie crust

bake

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)