Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Toddler HELP!!!!!!!! and a question about her sis

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies
I have an almost 2 year old and a 7 week old. My toddler is being very naughty lately she has learned what no meant before her sis was born but now she seems to be rebelling. Everything is no no no. My biggest problems is trying to teach her she can't be picking up her sister or being ruff on the bed. IT is so bad that I have to put the baby in her bed to use bathroom cook etc when home alone because I just can't trust her. Also getting her to understand that it isn't a game and not funny when she gets in the street. I am at my wits end I know some of it is terrible two's but I need a good method for correcting her that may actually work. Also my baby cries a LOT I don't think its colic because she has been like this since birth. Could it be bad gas or just her nature?? She is fine if I am holding her she doesn't sit or lay even five minutes quietly not in her swing/bouncy seat, boppy, or playmat. is it Normal?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 16, 2013 at 10:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
staceysgorbach
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 10:50 PM
1 mom liked this

You're at your wits end already? You have a lot of years ahead of you yet.

Sapphire.Tears
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 10:51 PM

to help stop her from getting outside - get one of those alarms that goes on your door, that has a pull tab, as soon as she opens the door to run out it will go off, its so loud and such a harsh noise, nobody in the house will like it, but after a couple times she isn't going to try that again.

As far as being rough with the baby goes, I would just keep explaining and keep repeating to her that she could hurt her sister if she is too rough with her. let her hold her but only if you help her put her in her lap, and stay right there with her (thats a no brainer).  Make her feel included in baby activities like changing diapers, etc. Have her throw the dirty one away, or grab you a clean one when your done cleaning the babys bottom.

BaltimoreBaby
by Silver Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 10:52 PM
That's helpful. *eyeroll*
Quoting staceysgorbach:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 16, 2013 at 10:56 PM
i basically do it all by myself w the new baby so some days are bad and make me feel a little over whelmed so shoot me.
Quoting staceysgorbach:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 16, 2013 at 10:56 PM
1 mom liked this

The baby is crying b/c you are so stressed. The toddler needs to know that she's still important. She is trying everything to get your attention. Do not leave the baby alone for ONE MINUTE! My generation believed in play yards, play pens, whatever they're called now. Get one, put her in it. If she gets out of it too easily, get a good baby gate and confine her until she learns some self control. Just make sure that you spend one-on-one time with her when the baby naps. Maybe get her to help with the baby as much as a 2-year-old can. Good luck.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 16, 2013 at 10:59 PM
Oh it isn't her getting out of the house it is when we are outside playing we don't have a fence, but also don't live in a big town so the road isn't to terrible busy I just don't understand how to teach a toddler that the road is dangerous when she sees other kids playing in the road.
Quoting Sapphire.Tears:

to help stop her from getting outside - get one of those alarms that goes on your door, that has a pull tab, as soon as she opens the door to run out it will go off, its so loud and such a harsh noise, nobody in the house will like it, but after a couple times she isn't going to try that again.

As far as being rough with the baby goes, I would just keep explaining and keep repeating to her that she could hurt her sister if she is too rough with her. let her hold her but only if you help her put her in her lap, and stay right there with her (thats a no brainer).  Make her feel included in baby activities like changing diapers, etc. Have her throw the dirty one away, or grab you a clean one when your done cleaning the babys bottom.

cerainwondrland
by Bronze Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 10:59 PM
Bump

I have a 21 month old and I'm 37 Weeks prego so I'll be where u are very soon
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Sapphire.Tears
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 11:01 PM

if there are other kids playing in the road, i would just make sure to tell her, she can invite them into your yard to play with her, but it is not safe for her to be out there with them. There really isn't a good way to explain to a child that those other kids' mommies really must not care too much about their safety to let them play in the street. Busy road or not, its still dangerous. 

I lived on a one way street in a (literal) one horse town when I was very young. Even there, with no fence, and a fairly small yard, I was NEVER allowed to play in the street.

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh it isn't her getting out of the house it is when we are outside playing we don't have a fence, but also don't live in a big town so the road isn't to terrible busy I just don't understand how to teach a toddler that the road is dangerous when she sees other kids playing in the road.
Quoting Sapphire.Tears:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 16, 2013 at 11:03 PM
That is something I was thinking because sometimes when we are out and about she seems to be a lot calmer and I am really trying I think her behavior got so out of control because I had a c section and there was just so much I couldnt do with her that she was use to.
Quoting Anonymous:

The baby is crying b/c you are so stressed. The toddler needs to know that she's still important. She is trying everything to get your attention. Do not leave the baby alone for ONE MINUTE! My generation believed in play yards, play pens, whatever they're called now. Get one, put her in it. If she gets out of it too easily, get a good baby gate and confine her until she learns some self control. Just make sure that you spend one-on-one time with her when the baby naps. Maybe get her to help with the baby as much as a 2-year-old can. Good luck.

ashley9603
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 11:06 PM

Maybe set aside special time for you and your toddler while your newborn is napping...time that is just you and her.I remember some of the stunts me and my sister did....one time we put my little sister on the roof,bassinet and all...we were maybe 5 and 7 at the time...we just wanted attention and were jealous of the new baby.We got busted majorly and my parents set limits and boundries for all of us,we also were able to spend one on one time with mom and dad so we didnt feel left out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN