Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Speaking of bathrooms.....!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I posted that other bathroom post and later updated with another question. NO ONE answered it though because they got distracted by all the pretty bathrooms LOL So I'm making a whole new post.

This is my bathroom and I want to know if you think the sinks shown below will fit in it.

Style Selections 20-in Matte White Euro Style Bathroom Vanity with TopLILLĂ…NGEN Sink cabinet with 1 door IKEA

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 16, 2013 at 10:56 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 17, 2013 at 10:34 AM

We have peel and stick in our bathroom. They are doing good. They were installed poorly but they are not coming up

MrsCountryMama
by Platinum Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 10:35 AM
I like 2 & 5 for the floor and the sink looks like it will fit nicely.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
URHonor
by Rotten.Girl on Mar. 17, 2013 at 10:38 AM

Here are the slim sinks I was thinking of...

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 17, 2013 at 10:38 AM
Are those from ikea?

Quoting URHonor:

URHonor
by Rotten.Girl on Mar. 17, 2013 at 10:39 AM

yes! the top one is actually a LACK shelf! I love it!!

Quoting Anonymous:

Are those from ikea?

Quoting URHonor:

"I've been naughty...isn't that nice?"

bullemhead
by Platinum Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 10:41 AM

I like the first sink but as far as the floor goes, if you're going to go with vinyl, I would suggest a full sheet vinyl rather than peel and stick. My sister in law is helping her son redo his fairly new peel and stick in his bathroom because the moisture accumulates in between the tiles and the began to separate pretty quickly after installation.

specialwingz
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 10:44 AM

Yes, for the sink.  No, for the peel and stick tile.  Never ever in a bathroom!  Moisture and peel and stick = bacteria and lifting tiles.

BTW, I've owned my own contracting company for over 20 years.  I won't even lay peel and stick in a bathroom.  If the customer doesn't change their minds and use either full-sheet vinyl or ceramic tile or stone, they have to find someone else to do the job or sign a waiver.  I will NOT stand behind a peel and stick job.

unusualmom
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 10:47 AM

Oh wow!  There is no room in that bathroom.  Not that we have a lot but it looks like you cant even walk around the sink!

sarahbsquare
by Silver Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 10:48 AM

the wood is dark that's all i can see is the wood 

MomVsBoys
by Bronze Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 10:52 AM

I think the sink would be a great way to add storage without eating up a ton of floor space.  I agree that peel & stick tiles are not great for a bathroom, esp with kids, the whole concept of keeping water IN the tub continues to elude my boys :)  Try a flooring store, they often have larger pieces of vinyl flooring left over from jobs that you can get for a fraction of the cost of "new".  You will have to get adhesive also but in the long run you will avoid any potential issues of water damage to the sub-floor.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)