Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I Know I know its CM so DIVORCE HIM NOW!

Posted by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 12:46 AM
  • 44 Replies
Dh hasn't done anything "wrong". He is good to me, great with dd, gets bills paid. Does everything a good husband should on paper.

But I just don't feel "it" anymore. I love him, but not the butterfly love. I have had butterfly love for this man for 6.5 years but in the last few months it's a friendly love. At first it hurt to realize we are drifting. I cried to sleep a few nights. Now I am just "it is what it is." He doesn't want to talk about it, "We're fine." he says.

I want to be in love with him again. I want to care about our relationship enough to be upset that I'm not upset.

Married women is this a phase? Pregnant moms,is this hormones? Both? Neither?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 12:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CheesyKitty
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 12:50 AM
1 mom liked this
Never leaving him btw. Our family is first and foremost.
banana-bear
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 12:51 AM
Probably just a phase.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 17, 2013 at 12:51 AM
4 moms liked this

Ahhh 6.5 years, it's the 7 year itch, it will pass. =) You'll fall in love again. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 17, 2013 at 12:52 AM
4 moms liked this
Butterfly love only happens from the early stage of your relationship. If you want to feel that butterfly love all the time, you will need to keep on chasing for a different relationship forever! Grass is not greener on the other side.
ksueditz
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 12:53 AM
A few months ago I felt that way about my dh. I told him, I didn't feel the love. We talked and talked some more, and he put more effort in the love department. Now we're doing so much better.
Josie_P
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 12:53 AM
Can you guys possibly get away for a night or the weekend? I know that's what DH and I did when we were feeling the same way. It was just a matter of us spending time together without kids, work, and all that stuff.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Miss-B
by ‚ô•Divalicious‚ô• on Mar. 17, 2013 at 12:53 AM

Quoting banana-bear:

Probably just a phase.
Roo1234
by Platinum Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 12:54 AM
I would say it is a phase. after 17 years of marriage there are good years, great days,a few bad months and everything ebbs and flows. life carries stresses and sometimes those wear on everyone, but it doesn't mean you throw it all away.
CheesyKitty
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 12:55 AM
No I don't believe that. This man has had my eye alone. Still does. I have never felt less than the first love feeling until recently. Almost 7 years is not just the beginning stages, until we hit 45 years, which is the plan.

Quoting Anonymous:

Butterfly love only happens from the early stage of your relationship. If you want to feel that butterfly love all the time, you will need to keep on chasing for a different relationship forever! Grass is not greener on the other side.

DevinAnnesmom
by Sarah on Mar. 17, 2013 at 12:56 AM
It's probably a phase mixed with pregnancy hormones. I've gone through this too. It'll take time, but if you want those feelings back, they'll come.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN