Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If someone gave you a letter and said, "do not open this unless something happens to me"

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Would you open it anyway?

I would to see if I could help before that "something" happened
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 17, 2013 at 3:25 AM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 17, 2013 at 3:35 AM
I have one of those letters from my MIL and that was over 10 years ago. It is still unopened, certified, and in my file cabinet
mamakenzi
by Bronze Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 3:35 AM
I have not and would not open it. It's an understandable thing given my former profession.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Keara20
by Platinum Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 3:39 AM
I'd open that shit. All my friends know I don't like surprises lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 17, 2013 at 3:41 AM
I'd read it. I'm nosey and I can't help it. BUT I'd never tell a soul what was in it(unless otherwise instructed in the letter).
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 17, 2013 at 1:47 PM
Bump
romalove
by SakePrincess on Mar. 17, 2013 at 1:48 PM

I would not be able to not open it.

I can't even wait until Christmas morning to peek at presents.

RaynesMommy07
by Ruby Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 1:49 PM
No. That's what my mom did. We didn't read it until she died. My brother actually read it I still don't know what was in it but bits and pieces.
louzannalady
by Gold Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 1:50 PM
No. Obviously they trust me. I would not want to violate that trust. Also, there is the issue of plausible deniability. If I don't know what's in there and no one knows I have it, then I am not accountable for that knowledge and am not in as much danger or worry.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ProudMomma1022
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 1:52 PM
I would ask questions....if i dont read it and something does happen and i read it am i going to regret not opening it? If not then i will keep it safe an wait. But if your gonna off yourself then make me read that your sorry then dont bother giving me the letter.
notjstanothrmom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 1:52 PM

I wouldn't read it. There are actually letters to my brother and I at my Memere's house from when she had a very risky surgery. I saw them but I am not tempted to open them. She is here with us and for that I am grateful. If she had something she wanted us to know after her passing I would want to know it after. I would want to hear her final thoughts after the fact when I couldn't get those words back because I would already know what they say.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN