Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I am starting to worry...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

That my animosity toward my parents is hindering me from having a close relationship with God.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 17, 2013 at 3:46 AM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 17, 2013 at 4:00 AM

I've worked on my relationship with God as diligently as I have my marriage. Still I done feel particularly close. While it would be cool to blame God, perhaps it's me. But why is it me. Then I think about my family of origin and specifically my parents. It makes me wonder if my negative feeling toward my parents are being projected onto God.

Quoting Fields456:

I'm sorry I would have to know back ground on the situation to give you my honest opinion. However I
Believe if you truly want a close relationship with god and work towards one you will and can have one

mattiehatter
by Mary on Mar. 17, 2013 at 4:00 AM

You probably haven't found the right person to help you through this. I hope that you find peace one day.

Quoting Anonymous:

That hasn't worked out very well. Through several denomination I've received nothing but rejection or ecclesiastical abuse.

Quoting mattiehatter:

That's rude.

OP consider some kind of coucelling with a preacher, minister, or whatever the head honcho is called in the church where you are seeking your god.

Quoting D.O.E.:

well. that sucks.

whatever will you do?

you will never get to heaven now

Fields456
by Ruby Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 4:02 AM
They could be. Is there a reason you feel thy way towards your parents? What specific religion are you? Have you found a church u feel complete going to ? I only ask myasthenia question because I have been searching for a church k felt that way with and after. 13 years I found one. At my grandmothers funeral. I felt so at home and whole at her church. Yet it is 4 1/2 hours away. And right now we can't move there

Quoting Anonymous:

I've worked on my relationship with God as diligently as I have my marriage. Still I done feel particularly close. While it would be cool to blame God, perhaps it's me. But why is it me. Then I think about my family of origin and specifically my parents. It makes me wonder if my negative feeling toward my parents are being projected onto God.

Quoting Fields456:

I'm sorry I would have to know back ground on the situation to give you my honest opinion. However I

Believe if you truly want a close relationship with god and work towards one you will and can have one

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
paganmommy4
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 4:02 AM

Im so glad that I base my life on those decisions.. Said no one ever

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 17, 2013 at 4:03 AM

Don't be a bitch. We're both Pagan.

Quoting paganmommy4:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 17, 2013 at 4:06 AM

I'm Pagan though I attend church with my SO because it helps him feel close to me. I have talked to people both inside and outside my faith for answers.

Quoting Fields456:

They could be. Is there a reason you feel thy way towards your parents? What specific religion are you? Have you found a church u feel complete going to ?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Fields456:

paganmommy4
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 4:06 AM

Not being a bitch. Well you said God..

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting paganmommy4:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 17, 2013 at 4:09 AM

When in Rome speak as the Romans do. I wanted to hear unbiased opinions rather than get hung up on nomenclature.

Yes. You were being unhelpful and bitchy.

Quoting paganmommy4:

Not being a bitch. Well you said God..

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting paganmommy4:

Fields456
by Ruby Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 4:10 AM
I'm sorry you haven't found your answers. Maybe you aren't looking inside your self enough ? Regardless of your belief or your faith if you don't find yourself you won't find what you are looking for

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm Pagan though I attend church with my SO because it helps him feel close to me. I have talked to people both inside and outside my faith for answers.

Quoting Fields456:

They could be. Is there a reason you feel thy way towards your parents? What specific religion are you? Have you found a church u feel complete going to ?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Fields456:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Fields456
by Ruby Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 4:12 AM
I think I just responded to your other reply. But you have to find yourself within yourself. No matter what religion And if you can't find that you won't find peace within yourself. Does that make sense

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Fields456:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Fields456:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)