Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

you might think im stupid, but I don't care

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
What is considered a fever when taking a rectal temp? My 15 month old is 100.9 rectal temp. I am not worried about it right now. A few weeks ago he had a double eat infection, and ended up running a 103+. We got him medicine. Now he acta like he don't feel good. I was just wondering what is considered a rectal fever? Thanks in advanced!
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 17, 2013 at 3:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 17, 2013 at 3:50 AM
Bump. I can't give you the exact number.
ladybugrooke
by Bronze Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 3:51 AM

Rectal is the most accurate form of temp. So, if it says 100.9 then that is what it is. How old is your son? It is not safe for an infant to run over 100 for very long. Something should be done to bring it down.

LucyMom08
by BS Intolerant on Mar. 17, 2013 at 3:52 AM
100.4 is usually the fever starting line in a rectal temp...just keep an eye on him and make sure it doesn't spike...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 17, 2013 at 3:53 AM
That is an accurate temp, but not something to worry over yet.
ladybugrooke
by Bronze Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 3:53 AM

I just realized you posted his age. I would give him tylenol and watch him. When your temp goes up, it is your body's way of fighting bad bugs. You shouldn't treat for a temp all the time. However, 100 is getting close and I wouldn't let it go higher. Give him a cool (not cold) bath, it should help. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 17, 2013 at 3:55 AM
A fever is not a bad thing when controlled. 100 is ok and the body is effectively fighting something. It's when it gets too high that the body needs help cooling down. some tylenol and a lukewarm bath are always helpful
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 17, 2013 at 3:57 AM
Are you in my brain? I just posted the same thing. You're a smart woman :)

Quoting ladybugrooke:

I just realized you posted his age. I would give him tylenol and watch him. When your temp goes up, it is your body's way of fighting bad bugs. You shouldn't treat for a temp all the time. However, 100 is getting close and I wouldn't let it go higher. Give him a cool (not cold) bath, it should help. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 17, 2013 at 4:00 AM
Thanks ladies, im going to let him sleep in my room tonight so I can keep an eye on him. If it gets any higher I'll give him some medicine, and if he is still running a fever tomorrow I'll make him a Dr app.
ladybugrooke
by Bronze Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 4:00 AM

LOL, 8 kids later and I have just figured it out.......................well, except out of 8 kids I never had one with a concussion until the 14 month old fell off a couch last weekend. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting ladybugrooke:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 17, 2013 at 4:04 AM
I have 4 boys so I guess trial and error has made me not freak out over every illness and bump now. I have had some moms along the way pass down their wisdom too.

Quoting ladybugrooke:

LOL, 8 kids later and I have just figured it out.......................well, except out of 8 kids I never had one with a concussion until the 14 month old fell off a couch last weekend. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting ladybugrooke:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured