Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

*ADDED ADOPTION ANSWER* I Pretend My Daughter's Dolls Are Real Babies When No One's Looking

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 132 Replies
3 moms liked this

Not all of the time, and not to some weird extent (I don't pretend to breastfeed them or anything), but more and more lately I do this.  While my daughter is napping, or after she and my husband are asleep at night, I sometimes pick up one of her baby dolls and carry it about as if it is a real baby.  If I feel my husband will not catch me, I occasionally go so far as to put the doll in the baby carrier while I clean the house.  I even sing and talk to them.

I do not need a psychiatrist to tell me why I have started exhibiting such odd behavior.  It is quite obvious that it has to do with my apparent inability to have more children, and with my only child entering her school age years.  I have always dreamed of a house full of children, but I know now that it just is not going to happen.  By the way, I love and care for my child.  I spend every possible moment with her, and she is my entire world.  So please do not assume I am one of those women who only want babies or that I will start neglecting my child for a baby doll.  I guess I just miss the baby years and that I am having trouble coping with the fact that I will never have the chance to experience them with future children.

*As so many of you have asked about fostering and adoption, to save time, I will just restate the answer I have given a few of you here:

My husband and I have discussed the possibility of adoption since before I became pregnant with our daughter.  We hope to one day adopt through the foster care system.  However, my husband wishes to wait until he is out of the military and in a stable civilian career.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 17, 2013 at 4:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 17, 2013 at 4:06 AM
Why will you have no more children?
LucyMom08
by BS Intolerant on Mar. 17, 2013 at 4:07 AM
2 moms liked this
Yeah, it's definitely 4 am...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 17, 2013 at 4:09 AM

We have been trying for years to have more children, and it turns out I have PCOS (I am not overweight, before anyone makes that assumption) and my husband is now sterile.

Quoting Anonymous:

Why will you have no more children?

mom2hadley
by Heather on Mar. 17, 2013 at 4:11 AM
Quoting LucyMom08:

I was thinking the same exact thing lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 17, 2013 at 4:11 AM

LOL

Quoting LucyMom08:

LAmom2three
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 4:12 AM
5 moms liked this

As long as you know the dolls aren't real babies, I don't see the harm.  You'll have to find a way to mourn your infertility and move on.

skittlefart
by Taste the Rainbow on Mar. 17, 2013 at 4:14 AM
1 mom liked this
Get one of those real life like babies? Idk...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
paganmommy4
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 4:15 AM
1 mom liked this

To each their own right. 

KME3
by Platinum Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 4:15 AM
9 moms liked this
I do that shit with my cat but in the middle of the day and I don't care who sees...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 17, 2013 at 4:16 AM

Thank you.

I have thought about getting one of those "reborn" dolls (is that what they are called?), buy then my family would have to know about it.  I have a feeling my husband would be accepting, but I worry that my daughter would begin to feel she was not good enough for me on her own.  Also, I really do not want to be one of those women.

Quoting LAmom2three:

As long as you know the dolls aren't real babies, I don't see the harm.  You'll have to find a way to mourn your infertility and move on.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)