Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why do people think its ok to scold other people's children on Facebook

Posted by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 4:12 AM
  • 16 Replies
My daughter posted on Facebook tonight "I have come to the realization that I'm going to die alone, and I'm ok with that". Teen translation: "I'm an overdramatic teen and the boy I like (but never told) is dating someone else"
I replied to it " just because you're in theater doesn't mean everything has to be dramatic"
My brother posted some long thing about how we all die alone and it's what you do with the time you have that matters yadda yadda yadda.
My daughter said back " I really wasn't looking for philosophic advise"

He went in some long tangent about how she should respect her elders and that she's lucky he's not closer because she could use a smack in the mouth for disrespecting him and how if she doesn't want his advice to not post stuff I a public forum (her Facebook is private people can't even search her name)
WTF!? No one threatens my kid number one and number 2 she's a fricken teen being overdramatic he had a 1 year old and there is no reason to go on someone's Facebook and post crap like that for everyone to read. This isn't the first time he's been inappropriate on her Facebook (the last time he told her friend he has a gun and he better stay away from his niece) so I told her to delete him he doesn't need to comment on her stuff its for her friend and her to communicate.
I sent him a nice long messege about it and he better stop being an ass.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 4:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kitsun
by Ruby Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 4:14 AM
I don't think if allow him contact with my kids anymore
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 4:16 AM
I thought having a kid would make him grow up. It hasn't he's 27 and he's still always right everything that goes wrong is someone elses fault and still can't act like an adult.

Quoting Kitsun:

I don't think if allow him contact with my kids anymore
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 17, 2013 at 4:18 AM

jesus, he threatened someone with a gun, why was he not deleted THEN?? And blocked.  And reported?

okeydokie
by Bronze Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 4:19 AM
Sometimes it's good for teenage girls to know they have an adult male looking over their shoulders. Sometimes it's good for their friends to know they have an adult male looking over their shoulders.

But if it bothers you, you should have a conversation with your brother. Let him know what your boundaries are. If he doesn't respect them, block him from her page.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Amybelle
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 4:19 AM

meh, she needs to learn that the little "comment" under the Blank Space below her SU leaves her OPEN to others comments aka opinions

paganmommy4
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 4:22 AM
1 mom liked this

Yeah.. No.. No one speaks to my kid like that.. 

LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 4:22 AM
She has her father her friends know her dad and my brother lives 2 states away so he's good for talking big and that's it he thinks he's cool because he bought a gun.

Quoting okeydokie:

Sometimes it's good for teenage girls to know they have an adult male looking over their shoulders. Sometimes it's good for their friends to know they have an adult male looking over their shoulders.

But if it bothers you, you should have a conversation with your brother. Let him know what your boundaries are. If he doesn't respect them, block him from her page.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 4:24 AM
He's 2 states away and he runs his mouth with out thinking. I talked to him and told him to stop being stupid and deleted his comments from my daughters page( and told my mommy on him lol) but now he's blocked from her page since he can't use common sense

Quoting Anonymous:

jesus, he threatened someone with a gun, why was he not deleted THEN?? And blocked.  And reported?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 4:27 AM
Yeah I was pissed I mean I tease her and joke but I pretty much leave her Facebook alone I'm on her friends list to watch what's going on that's about it. All her friends thought my comment was hilarious.

Quoting paganmommy4:

Yeah.. No.. No one speaks to my kid like that.. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 17, 2013 at 4:27 AM

Honestly I still would've blocked him from the fb page after the first incident. Glad you did now.

I have a teenage neice and nephew on fb.  I just ignore most of their statuses.  My nephews sunday girl pics and my neices angsty drama queen posts are not things I need to bother with lol

Quoting LCWAmommy:

He's 2 states away and he runs his mouth with out thinking. I talked to him and told him to stop being stupid and deleted his comments from my daughters page( and told my mommy on him lol) but now he's blocked from her page since he can't use common sense

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)