Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My 14 year old SD is posting UPDATE

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies

Pictures of herself smoking on Facebook . Also she claims on FB that she is gay and likes pot and alcohol . She lives in another state with her mom and I showed my DH. He does not seem concerned. Said he did "that" at that age too. Also telling boys to come over to her friends house at 3 am. I would be livid if this was my child. Hell I show more concern than her own father. What would you do? Should I just forget about it and move on? It's nuts my SD needs help now . How come her biological parents don't care? Advice please . UPDATE: My DH spoke to my SD'S older sister. The sister said not only is all of the above going on, but also SD is hanging out with a coke dealer at 14. The mother of these girls (DH ex) is allowing all this to go on because she is on drugs herself and don't care. Help-where do we go from here? Thank goodness my DH cares enough to make calls. How do I help this young lady before she ruins her life? On the other hand....is it none of my business?

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 17, 2013 at 6:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 17, 2013 at 6:41 AM
You can't really do anything about it if her parents don't care. She isn't yours and I'm assuming since she lives out of state, you don't have much of an opportunity to be closely involved with her.

I would however be concerned with how blase his parenting is. Is that how he'll be with your children?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 17, 2013 at 6:45 AM
Scare him. Find stats and info on her behavior and where it could lead. Encourage him to reach out to her, her behavior indicates daddy issues.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 17, 2013 at 6:46 AM
No he is opposite with my children so far. He is right up in my children's business. Knows everything about everything in their day and wouldn't allow all this with our children. Admits he wouldn't allow this with our children. He blames his ex wife for how his oldest daughter turned out but won't do anything to fix it.

Quoting Anonymous:

You can't really do anything about it if her parents don't care. She isn't yours and I'm assuming since she lives out of state, you don't have much of an opportunity to be closely involved with her.

I would however be concerned with how blase his parenting is. Is that how he'll be with your children?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 17, 2013 at 6:47 AM
He knows where it could lead and you are probably right. How do I get him to step up and face reality with her before she is a total mess?

Quoting Anonymous:

Scare him. Find stats and info on her behavior and where it could lead. Encourage him to reach out to her, her behavior indicates daddy issues.

mattiehatter
by Mary on Mar. 17, 2013 at 6:49 AM

My father threatened to buy the cheapest nastiest cigarettes he could find and make me chain smoke the entire pack if he ever caught me smoking. The threat worked.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 17, 2013 at 6:50 AM

maybe the relationship between ur guys kids and SD are different because he really doesn't have her around like he does the other ones.... idk that's why he's more liberal, lenient

Quoting Anonymous:

No he is opposite with my children so far. He is right up in my children's business. Knows everything about everything in their day and wouldn't allow all this with our children. Admits he wouldn't allow this with our children. He blames his ex wife for how his oldest daughter turned out but won't do anything to fix it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 17, 2013 at 6:55 AM
Very true

Quoting Anonymous:

maybe the relationship between ur guys kids and SD are different because he really doesn't have her around like he does the other ones.... idk that's why he's more liberal, lenient

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 17, 2013 at 6:55 AM
Good one !

Quoting mattiehatter:

My father threatened to buy the cheapest nastiest cigarettes he could find and make me chain smoke the entire pack if he ever caught me smoking. The threat worked.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 17, 2013 at 7:10 AM
Oi. It takes two to tango and two to parent. He is equally to blame.

While I am glad he takes such an avid interest in your children, if he were my husband I would worry if he would treat them the same if things didn't work out between us, kwim? While long distant parenting is hard, it can be done, but you cannot make him make an effort if he truly doesn't want to. :-(

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Elle.tea.22
by Ruby Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 7:32 AM
I would lose all respect for my DH if he was like that.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)