Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What's the deal?

Posted by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 6:40 AM
  • 26 Replies

Does anyone know what the deal is with the mismatched socks? I've seen a lot of teenagers lately with crazy neon mismatched socks. I saw it last night with a cousin and second cousin (a mom and daughter) while we were bowling to celebrate MIL's birthday. My SIL started talking about walking into a store and finding a set of 3 socks that didn't match for $15. Someone is cashing in on this insanity. Where the heck did this trend come from?

by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 6:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 17, 2013 at 6:42 AM
1 mom liked this
No idea, but my girls love it (and I do too because it keeps me from having to match their socks.)
mattiehatter
by Mary on Mar. 17, 2013 at 6:44 AM

That is the one thing SIL is happy about lol. Her youngest is 8 and she's doing it. I ended up laughing when I realized that I had on mismatched socks last night, but they're white not neon.

Quoting Anonymous:

No idea, but my girls love it (and I do too because it keeps me from having to match their socks.)

summerbear
by Silver Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 6:45 AM
1 mom liked this
No clue, but my 11yo dd bought neon socks recently for the simple reason to wear different colors on each feet.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 17, 2013 at 6:51 AM
My 16 yr old looked at me like Wat Da Fuk?!??!! He said that's for 7th graders lol
mattiehatter
by Mary on Mar. 17, 2013 at 6:52 AM

I'm seeing high school students do it. I was entertained when I saw the 30 someodd year old cousin wearing the mismatched neon socks.

Quoting Anonymous:

My 16 yr old looked at me like Wat Da Fuc?!!! He said that's for 7 graders lol

Trisha234
by Silver Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 6:53 AM
My two-year old DD is a fan of this. I guess if the colors coordinate, Then they sort of match. She thinks its fun to choose two different socks for herself every day.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 17, 2013 at 6:53 AM
1 mom liked this
Not around here!! LoL

Quoting mattiehatter:

I'm seeing high school students do it. I was entertained when I saw the 30 someodd year old cousin wearing the mismatched neon socks.

Quoting Anonymous:

My 16 yr old looked at me like Wat Da Fuc?!!! He said that's for 7 graders lol

TableforSeven
by Platinum Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 6:56 AM

My (almost) 14 year old has been mismatching her socks for years.  The packs of non-matching socks are awesome!

mattiehatter
by Mary on Mar. 17, 2013 at 6:57 AM

Hopefully more than 3 socks to a package.

Quoting TableforSeven:

My (almost) 14 year old has been mismatching her socks for years.  The packs of non-matching socks are awesome!

TableforSeven
by Platinum Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 7:03 AM

Yes, I've never seen a pack that small.....and for that much money.  She just got some socks as a birthday gift.  MIL sent her a pack if 10, all mismatched, socks.....knowing MIL the whole pack couldn't have cost more than $6-7.

Quoting mattiehatter:

Hopefully more than 3 socks to a package.

Quoting TableforSeven:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)