Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I don't smoke

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 33 Replies

I'm not a smoker and never have been. I have a few times but never really "smoked" because I didn't want to do that around my kids like my parents. But I do smoke the e cigs a little just because I like the taste and the very slight relaxing feeling I get especially around other people since I have a lot of anxiety. I don't like real cigs but I'm not going to damn anyone to hell for it. My fiancé is a smoker and thanks to my son (df is not bio dad) he is currently trying to quit with the e cigs. So far he had managed to cut back from a pack to pack and a half a day to maybe 3 packs a week. He is amazed at how much money he is saving and I'm just so proud of him for doing this for us. :)

no bashing please feel free to share your amazing story to trying to quit. Or if you are not currently trying to quit that is perfectly fine I'm not about to shame anyone for it. 

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 17, 2013 at 9:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EvaTheDiva29
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 9:55 AM

i smoke. its a love hate relationsip. i need and want to quit, but if i do right now, i'll end up in the loony. good for you for never starting!

lkane81
by Gold Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 9:55 AM
My quit date is tomorrow i start on the patches i hope i can do it this time.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
luvhubandbabys
by Silver Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 9:59 AM
I never smoked before n honestly had a bfin hs kissing was gross...to non smokers it stinks n I'm glad my dh doesn't smoke...he used to tho I beieve he quit cold turkey about a yr before we met. He said the first two weeks sucked after that was smooth sailing. Good luck to everyone who is kicking the habit
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 17, 2013 at 9:59 AM

You can do it :) I know it's not easy so just take it one day at a time. It will be best for your family in the long run. Good luck

Quoting lkane81:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 17, 2013 at 10:04 AM

I started smoking at age 15...I quit at age 22...for 8 years in fact.  And then, my dad died and I nearly lost my mind...but instead, started smoking again.  That was 14 years ago.  I too have invested in the very expensive E Cigs, that you just buy replacement filters for.  I've used them some now that I have a grand baby.

I like to smoke, but hate the smell of it, (and don't smoke in my house) yet I hate the taste too.  Ya'd think I would be more geared towards the e cig...but I still like the regular cigs.

What I can say is, we haven't seen a generation get through the anti depressants, but we have had generations go through a lifetime of smoking.  Both WILL have consequences to a person, both are drugs that calm the nerves.  I'll keep my smokes....for now

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 17, 2013 at 10:05 AM

Like I said I've smoked before but I never hmmm what's the word for it "got into it?" I just never cared much for the real thing all I did was hold it in my mouth for the taste I couldn't tolerate the cuts in my throat. My df never cared about quitting he was all alone and didnt see much point in it. But now he has me and my 2 yo plus we hope to have another child soon so he really wants to try to quit for us. 

Oh and as for the non smoker thinking it is gross I've never noticed anything I don't even really know wat smoke smells like. I've always been around it and in it so others can smell it in my clothes but I don't notice anything

Quoting luvhubandbabys:

I never smoked before n honestly had a bfin hs kissing was gross...to non smokers it stinks n I'm glad my dh doesn't smoke...he used to tho I beieve he quit cold turkey about a yr before we met. He said the first two weeks sucked after that was smooth sailing. Good luck to everyone who is kicking the habit

lkane81
by Gold Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 10:05 AM
Yes it will be. Plus all the.money i will save. Dh is gone for the next 3weeks on a job so its the perfect time just so we don kill eachother. He is a smoker too and said he was going to try as well i hope he does. I dont mention it to him when i call him tho as to not trigger a craveing so i will fin out when he gets back.

Quoting Anonymous:

You can do it :) I know it's not easy so just take it one day at a time. It will be best for your family in the long run. Good luck

Quoting lkane81:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SalemWitchChild
by Blessed be on Mar. 17, 2013 at 10:07 AM
1 mom liked this

I smoked as a teen but never liked it and quit after a year. Just cold turkey. I didn't need any aids to quit smoking because I wasn't addicted.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 17, 2013 at 10:11 AM

I fully understand that it is hard to quit which is why I don't blame anyone who is unable to. I also get the calming thing which is why I smoke the e cigs they help a little when I'm surrounded by a bunch of people. As for antidepressants I take them as well and there is no telling what could happen in 50 years if I'm still taking them but for now they are fine (just like cigs were 50 years ago)

Quoting Anonymous:

I started smoking at age 15...I quit at age 22...for 8 years in fact.  And then, my dad died and I nearly lost my mind...but instead, started smoking again.  That was 14 years ago.  I too have invested in the very expensive E Cigs, that you just buy replacement filters for.  I've used them some now that I have a grand baby.

I like to smoke, but hate the smell of it, (and don't smoke in my house) yet I hate the taste too.  Ya'd think I would be more geared towards the e cig...but I still like the regular cigs.

What I can say is, we haven't seen a generation get through the anti depressants, but we have had generations go through a lifetime of smoking.  Both WILL have consequences to a person, both are drugs that calm the nerves.  I'll keep my smokes....for now

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 17, 2013 at 10:12 AM

Lol yea well I hope you both are able to quit and in one piece ;p

Quoting lkane81:

Yes it will be. Plus all the.money i will save. Dh is gone for the next 3weeks on a job so its the perfect time just so we don kill eachother. He is a smoker too and said he was going to try as well i hope he does. I dont mention it to him when i call him tho as to not trigger a craveing so i will fin out when he gets back.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting lkane81:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)