Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
Just seen a post with a few Texas mamas...so now im curious...how many of us texas mamas are on here?

Im about 45 mins northwest of Dallas.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 12:22 PM
Replies (31-40):
VannaMae307
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 12:40 PM

we are settling there when dh gets out at the end of 2014! high five, anonymous beaumont-er

my in-laws live in China

Quoting Anonymous:

Beaumont, TX

hudson.maggie
by Gold Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 12:41 PM
Near the dfw airport. By 161

Quoting Crazy-Steph:

Just south of Arlington. What part of Irving are you in? Some areas started going downhill.

Quoting hudson.maggie:

Where is that at? So far I love it. It's not crazy big and busy like Dallas but has a ton to do :)

Quoting Crazy-Steph:

Irving is my hometown. We live in Mansfield. :)

Quoting hudson.maggie:

I just moved to Texas. I live in Irving :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 17, 2013 at 12:42 PM
Just sent you a PM...

Quoting VannaMae307:

we are settling there when dh gets out at the end of 2014! high five, anonymous beaumont-er

my in-laws live in China

Quoting Anonymous:

Beaumont, TX

Kimberlynn
by Bronze Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 12:42 PM
1 mom liked this
That's awful! I remember most of the water levels were very low. Benbrook Lake didn't allow boats because of it. I believe Possum Kingdom lake was affected also, but not as bad as Benbrook. Remember the massive fire outbreak at Possum Kingdom because of the drought? We had such a mild winter, I hate to see what this summer is going to bring us.

Quoting fkh8ah:

I hear ya..we are in stage 3 drought precautions and its not even summer yet...last year they were warning people to stay out of lake texoma since the levels were so low that the bacteria levels were extremely high

Quoting Kimberlynn:

I live in Fort Worth. The only thing I can't stand about Texas is the suffocating, hell hot summers!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 17, 2013 at 12:42 PM

I'm in the northern part, Canadian.  It's a very small town with lot of hills but it's nice here and I love being back in my home state after having been gone for a few years.  I love it here.

sidneyb
by Silver Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 12:43 PM
1 mom liked this
Me too

Quoting RigPrincess85:

I'm in Longview Texas :)
fkh8ah
by Felicia on Mar. 17, 2013 at 12:44 PM
Its going to be bad this year...i agree with you there was barely a winter.

Quoting Kimberlynn:

That's awful! I remember most of the water levels were very low. Benbrook Lake didn't allow boats because of it. I believe Possum Kingdom lake was affected also, but not as bad as Benbrook. Remember the massive fire outbreak at Possum Kingdom because of the drought? We had such a mild winter, I hate to see what this summer is going to bring us.

Quoting fkh8ah:

I hear ya..we are in stage 3 drought precautions and its not even summer yet...last year they were warning people to stay out of lake texoma since the levels were so low that the bacteria levels were extremely high

Quoting Kimberlynn:

I live in Fort Worth. The only thing I can't stand about Texas is the suffocating, hell hot summers!

ConcernedCousin
by Silver Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 12:44 PM
1 mom liked this
San angelo
SP_Mama
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 12:45 PM
2 moms liked this

I'm in the Austin area

LizzieAnnesMom
by ☆Mrs.Winchester☆ on Mar. 17, 2013 at 12:45 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes. As i said i would love to move back. Thus saying i no lnger live there.

Quoting Anonymous:

Lol isn't 2 hours north of Dallas, Oklahoma? I'm in garland and will be making the lovely drive 2 hours north to Atoka, Ok to meet my mom and pick up my boys from visiting her for spring break (she's in Tulsa).

Quoting LizzieAnnesMom:

I am from south texas but currently live 2hours north of dallas. I qould love to move back.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)