Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Parenting Fail (true story)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 27 Replies

While I was out on my afternoon run I saw in the distance what looked like a large group on bikes. As I got closer this is what I saw.

A family of 7, the kids were all chunky and riding on power wheels, the youngest looked 2. The parents were in shape and power walking behind them.

Now I know it's hard to workout with kids especially when they are going toddler speed, but seriously? These kids needed to be out huffing and puffing along with their parents.

*No One Was Riding Bikes! From the half a mile away I was it looked like they were, but no one was. All the kids were riding on power wheels. The oldest looked about 7 and had a double chin. The Youngest looked about 2 and was riding one by himself.  I have no issues with toddlers being chunky, they are growing quickly. It's the older kids I had issues with. They should of been out on a bike. 

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 17, 2013 at 4:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lalalie
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 4:26 PM
1 mom liked this

If the adults were so in shape then those might not be their kids?

Generally people who are in shape prioritize there kids being in shape a lot higher.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 17, 2013 at 4:26 PM

Do you know that these were children belonging to the adults and not other relatives or friend's children?  Are you assuming?  Do you know they weren't adopted with a physical limitation?

Quoting Anonymous:

While I was out on my afternoon run I saw in the distance what looked like a large group on bikes. As I got closer this is what I saw. A family of 7, the kids were all chunky and riding on power wheels, the youngest looked 2. The parents were in shape and power walking behind them. Now I know it's hard to workout with kids especially when they are going toddler speed, but seriously? These kids needed to be out huffing and puffing along with their parents.

banana-bear
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 4:27 PM
13 moms liked this
This sounds like something I don't give a fuck about.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 17, 2013 at 4:27 PM

No, it was their kids. They were shouting back and forth to each other and last time I checked, you don't just call anyone "mom and dad".

Quoting Lalalie:

If the adults were so in shape then those might not be their kids?

Generally people who are in shape prioritize there kids being in shape a lot higher.

PISCIS29
by Gold Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 4:28 PM
Don't assume bc when you do you make an ass out me and you.
I love this lil quote lol'
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 17, 2013 at 4:28 PM

With a lot of kids, that is impossible, especially if you want to run or jog.  At least the parents got their  kids out of the house for fresh air.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 17, 2013 at 4:28 PM

At one point they were all off of their power wheels and chasing each other while waiting for their parents to catch up.  They looked like spitting mini-me's and last I checked you don't call anyone mom and dad.

Quoting Anonymous:

Do you know that these were children belonging to the adults and not other relatives or friend's children?  Are you assuming?  Do you know they weren't adopted with a physical limitation?

Quoting Anonymous:

While I was out on my afternoon run I saw in the distance what looked like a large group on bikes. As I got closer this is what I saw. A family of 7, the kids were all chunky and riding on power wheels, the youngest looked 2. The parents were in shape and power walking behind them. Now I know it's hard to workout with kids especially when they are going toddler speed, but seriously? These kids needed to be out huffing and puffing along with their parents.

bullemhead
by Platinum Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 4:33 PM

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 17, 2013 at 4:36 PM
1 mom liked this
At least you never sucked dick for a crack rock!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 17, 2013 at 4:37 PM
1 mom liked this

There was an Easter egg party at our local zoo today and in addition to an Easter egg hunt with candy, as you walk around the zoo there are various candy stations. The event started at 11 and we left at noon (so it's not like we were there all day when we saw this.). A ltittle bit after we arrived, a morbidly obese couple was in front of us with their overweight son, and he looked to be about 7 or 8. They were pushing him in a wagon while he was munching on soda, candy, and buttered popcorn. I am fat and working on it, definitely not as active as I would like so its not like I'm skinny and judgmental, and I try not to judge but I felt sorry for him that his parents weren't at least making him walk all that sugar off. That's my judgy mom moment of the day :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)