Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

About the Steubenville rape

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Rape is not a finger f__k. 

The victim says she may have been drugged.  Is there any evidence to support this?

It's a good bet that if you get sh_t faced enough at a party and you pass out, some idiot may take advantage of you. 

Act like a drunken whore and get treated as such.  Simple. 

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 17, 2013 at 5:18 PM
Replies (241-250):
littlelamb303
by Ruby Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 6:58 AM

Quoting lancet98:

I am not sure I want these boy's lives to be ruined forever.   That will just make them commit more crimes and make more people miserable.   They were put into a culture that condones these things- nurtured by people like the OP to believe they are allowed to do anything they want, ruin anyone else's life (believe me that girl will be vilified the rest of her days and her life made miserable by people like the OP)- I believe like the Penn State culture - the culture that turns a blind eye to coach's behavior, turns a blind eye to player's entitlement behavior, and condemns any victim who dares to speak up.

They can learn to be better people.   i am not exactly sure that is guaranteed to happen in Juvie - there I think they will hear a lot about how women are worthless and deserve to be raped - just like they have been surrounded with much of their teen years.   They'll meet a long list of angry people who insist anything they did wrong was the victim's fault because that's what people who think they are entitled say when they get caught.   Everything that happens to them is someone else's fault, not theirs.   The judge's fault, the jury's fault, and mostly, the victim's fault.

Sure, these boys didn't think it was a crime to assault a girl sexually.  They believed people like the OP, perhaps,who redefined the law to them.   Or maybe they just absorbed that attitude, without ever thinking about it.  

And perhaps because they are the town's little darlings, perhaps the information never got through that they can't just do anything they want to anyone.   Perhaps they had roughed up some drunk girls a little bit before, or bullied some little kids, or got in a little scrape like a DUI or a break and enter, and daddy took out his check book to make it go away,

Whatever events set the stage, whatever attitudes they absorbed from people like the OP, they thought it was fine to do whatever they wanted with a defenseless girl.   Largely because they have been taught that they are the lovely entitled football team, the darlings of the town.   Do whatever you want to anyone boys.   You're football players.   God's chosen people.   Athletes.   LOL.

The fact is, the girl could have been a lot younger, a lot more sober, and a lot more defenseless, and then the cries on the internet would be monster and evil and blah blah blah.  It could have just as easily  been a piece of rebar they used, the girl's guts could have been torn out- all those actions are part of the same sense of entitlement. 

The public has their reactions to every crime.   most likely the full picture isn't ever known to them.   The many other times our little golden boys of privilege were bailed out of trouble, the whole culture of entitlement.  The public screams if an unemployed person gets food stamps, or if a sick person gets SSDI, but let a football player assault a drunk girl and they are SO righteous.   She deserved it, she's a ho- they don't look at the whole culture that tells these boys they can do anything they want - because they're stuck down deep in that culture.  

Sure the girl shouldn't have been drunk,but she was, and when someone has done something wrong, like drink too much, you doing something additional wrong doesn't really improve the situation.  

Quoting littlelamb303:

I seriously hope those boys suffer because of this for the rest of their lives and YES, I do hope their lives are ruined.  How anyone can condone rape EVER, regardless of what the girl did is just disgusting.  Those saying "poor boys"  you are beyond TRASH

I have been personally affected by rape and it was over 25 yrs ago. Victims never really just get over it,regardless of how much therapy, etc  and this is why I cannot sympathize with the boys. I believe if they had been raised better and learned that they need to respect women , this would not have happened. I am not a drinker, but in my younger years,absolutely(as I am SURE most on here have been drunk before) but that did not mean I somehow deserved it.

LAXmom21
by Ruby Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 7:02 AM
You're just as disgusting as the OP! She was probably drugged as well. They made a video, carried her passed out body around, they were joking that she was dead she was so out of it(probably from the drugs). And she was 16, probably didn't know how much drinking was going to make her pass out ( IF it was just alcohol). Oh and If SOMEONE IS PASSED OUT AND CAN'T CONSENT IT'S RAPE!!!!!!

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm shocked so many people are siding with this victim. I do think the boys that did this got fair punishment. They should have not touched her but any girl that gets so drunk she passes out surrounded by a football team.. common. Obvisouly this girl was asking for some kind of trouble..

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 53 on Mar. 18, 2013 at 7:04 AM
But then again.......

Quoting kels1023:

You wouldn't be saying that if it happened to you or your daughter.

gigis1
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 7:04 AM
I can feel the stupid just trying to ooze out of this post
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lancet98
by Platinum Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 7:11 AM
2 moms liked this

People 'ask for trouble' all the time.   They drink at parties when they're not wearing a cast iron chastity belt.   They leave cash registers open.   They leave people unsupervised and give them the ability to write checks on the company account.    They forget to lock their back door.   They get lost and walk down the wrong alley. They get in a taxi with the wrong driver.

AND YET GUESS WHAT?   That still doesn't mean someone won't get punished for breaking the law as a result.  

There isn't one of you who is entitled to break a law.   Not one of you.   There isn't one of you who can rewrite the laws of the land for your own purposes.

And there is not one of you, who can really make a judge believe that it was ok for you to commit a crime because someone else did something stupid.

Regardless of what anyone else does.   You rape a drunk girl, it's still rape.   You take cash out of an open drawer, it's still felony theft.   You have the abiity to write checks so you embezzle three million dollars, it's still against the law.   You rob a house with an unlatched door, you still committed a robbery.

And one of these days, you'll get caught, and you will go to jail. 

Obvisouly this girl was asking for some kind of trouble..

Anonymous
by Anonymous 54 on Mar. 18, 2013 at 7:15 AM
1 mom liked this
"Some idiot may take advantage of you". Ugh really? You sound as if this incident was just some juvenile frat boy prank like writing on your buddy's face with a sharpie while he sleeps through the blackout drunkenness of a routine sat night kegger. So, because a person drinks too much and blacks out around other people, that means that they are "fair game"? So, because a female demonstrates a bad judgement call in regards to alcohol, others are justified in assuming she has zero self-worth whatsoever, and is equally careless about who and when her body can be touched and her genitals penetrated? For real? If what you are saying were acceptable in God's or anyone normal's eyes, then the fact that I showed poor judgement and wrecklessness years ago as a drug addict, putting toxic substances in my body, means that I deserve(d) for someone to murder me. A very brief time period of my life compared to all 29years of my life does not represent the value I have for myself. I made some bad decisions that were out of character and not representative of how i deserve to live my life. That girl is 16years old. She has no idea how to drink responsibly. She drank too much too fast, and blacked out. Bad decision. One night in which she demonstrated poor judgement. You cannot honestly tell me that she thought to herself "Im not sure of how much alcohol I can handle, but worse case scenario, i pass out and someone sexually abuses me. If I'm unconscious, then i won't be able to stop it, but I really want to have fun tonight and drinking is supposed to be fun, so, fingers crossed! Hope i don't get too drunk cause ill probably get raped! Bottoms up!' No f--king way. You suck. Those boys aren't "idiots". They are sick, evil, criminal RAPISTS! "No means no!" Is the classic phrase, but silence due to inability to speak isn't a "yes"! Unless she says " yes", then the answer is NO! THAT should be the rule taught.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 55 on Mar. 18, 2013 at 7:21 AM
Ugh--no one deserves to be dragged from party to party while unconscious and being penetrated with foreign objects while in the car driving to said parties. How about being forced to ride in the trunk while not being penetrated, or how about have people blast a pic of you while unconsciou making such statements as " she is raped dryer than old wood"

I do not care if I run down the Street totally naked-it is not a consent for rape and victim blaming is ridiculous. Those boys are only sad bc they were caught, the various twitter posts and pics suggested they dngaf about what they did until anonymous started giving those in control hell and that was passed down the them.

**side note for you** her ex boyfriend has admitted to setting her up for breaking up with him btw. But I guess it's still her fault..........
momto3B
by Gold Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 7:21 AM
1 mom liked this

Wow. How woud you feel if that were your daughter, or you son, because we all know that a guy who has sex with a passed out girl was really well raised. 

If stoning comes back into vogue, you should be first on the list of for the sin of stupidity. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 52 on Mar. 18, 2013 at 7:23 AM
I'm thinking it may have not progressed this far if cell pics, video and text were not involved.

It's wrong to rape regardless of the circumstance. This would really be a crappy place to live if you had to be sober and raped with a penis in lieu of an object. I would hate to be told " sorry, you were drunk and he didn't use his penis." "No one raped you."
Anonymous
by Anonymous 55 on Mar. 18, 2013 at 7:23 AM
1 mom liked this
Bahahaha at Cast iron chastity belts!!!'

Quoting lancet98:

People 'ask for trouble' all the time.   They drink at parties when they're not wearing a cast iron chastity belt.   They leave cash registers open.   They leave people unsupervised and give them the ability to write checks on the company account.    They forget to lock their back door.   They get lost and walk down the wrong alley. They get in a taxi with the wrong driver.

AND YET GUESS WHAT?   That still doesn't mean someone won't get punished for breaking the law as a result.  

There isn't one of you who is entitled to break a law.   Not one of you.   There isn't one of you who can rewrite the laws of the land for your own purposes.

And there is not one of you, who can really make a judge believe that it was ok for you to commit a crime because someone else did something stupid.

Regardless of what anyone else does.   You rape a drunk girl, it's still rape.   You take cash out of an open drawer, it's still felony theft.   You have the abiity to write checks so you embezzle three million dollars, it's still against the law.   You rob a house with an unlatched door, you still committed a robbery.

And one of these days, you'll get caught, and you will go to jail. 

Obvisouly this girl was asking for some kind of trouble..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN