Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

About the Steubenville rape

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Rape is not a finger f__k. 

The victim says she may have been drugged.  Is there any evidence to support this?

It's a good bet that if you get sh_t faced enough at a party and you pass out, some idiot may take advantage of you. 

Act like a drunken whore and get treated as such.  Simple. 

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 17, 2013 at 5:18 PM
Replies (1131-1139):
Izryalsmom
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 5:11 PM

This post sounds to me like they just wanted to say something stupid to get at everyone. I don't for one minute believe a woman in today's day and age would really think like that. But the post did its job, got everyone riled up.

jessw2010
by Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:51 PM
I completely agree with all of this, I live 15 min away from steubenville. But, 16 is the legal age of consent in the state of ohio
Quoting lancet98:

Remember, she is sixteen.   She cannot legally consent to sex.    Anyone who sleeps with her can be charged with rape - even someone her own age.

It doesn't matter how she dresses or what she says, she cannot form consent.  

The American laws were set up that way long, long ago.   We made this decision very long ago, and it is a built-in part of our laws at all jurisdiction levels: minors cannot form consent.  End of story, point,vergule - no having sex wih minors.  No matter if they give consent or don't give consent.

These boys apologized in court, NOT for penetrating a minor  or dragging her all over town and humiliating her in various disgusting ways, but for putting the pictures on the internet.   They didn't really how contrition even at the verdict reading.

Quoting aJiG827:

Getting shitfaced does not mean that it's ok for some idiot to take advantage of you. You are either a man, or a horrible, horrible, bitch of a woman. It sickens me when people blame rape on the victim. "If she didn't dress like a whore....if she didn't get drunk....she was just asking for it to happen." NO. NO woman ASKS to be raped. 
And like someone said above, rape is the insertion of anything into the vagina/rectum WITHOUT consent. ANYTHING. Finger, penis, dildo, anything. 

lancet98
by Platinum Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 7:39 AM

Yes I know I made a mistake there. But it doesn't actually matter that she was 16, she STILL was not able to form consent because she was intoxicated. So it's a moot point.

The same general concept still applies; she was not able to form consent.  A person has to be able to form consent, or it's rape.   A minor cannot legally form consent, a drunk cannot, an unconscious person cannot, a developmentally delayed or disabled person cannot.  

So, for example, a person has sex with an unconscious or even partially unconscious person in a hospital: it's rape.   All sufficiently impaired persons are not able to form consent. The defense will usually argue that point - how impaired was the person. 

In the court case, they probably looked at a lot of more specific details than the public got, to determine how impaired the victim was.   The timeline and what the 50 some witnesses reported at very specific times during the night was probably very important.

The judge's instructions to the jury would clarify the law to them and make it more clear what the legal points are.

And this is the point.   It doesn't really matter if the individual 'came to town to party' or EVEN if she 'wanted to get laid'.   Once an individual is sufficiently impaired, they can't form consent.   The law is very very very clear on that point.  

The rights of the impaired under the law are extremely clear and it's a fundamental principle of law.   As time went on, it became abundantly clear that men were escaping punishment for raping  drunk girls, by claiming the girls were 'sluts' and that they 'asked for it'  

The emergence of date rape drugs, or just simply cleverly getting the girl drunk, wound up being a very strong legal pattern - in other words men had found a way to dodge the law.   It became very clear that the male was very often engineering the situation to his own ends. Even more, it became clear that them escaping punishment was violating a basic legal principle. 

The Rape Crew could have had an awful lot of fun with the girl without being charged with rape.   They could have drawn a little mustache on her face, they could have put a funny hat on her.   They could have had philosophical debates with her while she was passed out.    They could have flopped her arms up and down and chuckled at that.  

They could have done that while they were driving her home.  

The minute they decided to haul her all over town and put their fingers up her, they broke the law.

Taking a drunk home isn't really all that difficult.   Instead, they chose to leave her sitting slumped in the street vomiting on herself; they 'took off her shirt so she wouldn't stain it', and so on and so forth.

There has been some information that suggests a date rape drug was involved.   Most of the time, the public is more sympathetic to a victim, if it comes out that a date rape drug was used.  

Usually, the public is merciless if the woman simply drank too much to be aware.   But how the public views it and how the law works, are generally not the same thing.

But the law is clear and it's been tested many times - even if a person is intoxicated due to their own choice to drink, they are not because of that, available for anyone to do anything and everything.

Their character doesn't matter, their public appeal doesn't matter, how effectively the defense can portray them as  'slut', their motivation - none of that matters.  

One of the most basic principles of law is that a person doesn't lose their rights or their protection under the law simply because they are being stupid.

Quoting jessw2010:

I completely agree with all of this, I live 15 min away from steubenville. But, 16 is the legal age of consent in the state of ohio
Quoting lancet98:

Remember, she is sixteen.   She cannot legally consent to sex.    Anyone who sleeps with her can be charged with rape - even someone her own age.

The American laws were set up that way long, long ago.   We made this decision very long ago, and it is a built-in part of our laws at all jurisdiction levels: minors cannot form consent.  End of story, point,vergule - no having sex wih minors.  No matter if they give consent or don't give consent.

These boys apologized in court, NOT for penetrating a minor  or dragging her all over town and humiliating her in various disgusting ways, but for putting the pictures on the internet.   They didn't really how contrition even at the verdict reading.

Quoting aJiG827:

Getting shitfaced does not mean that it's ok for some idiot to take advantage of you. You are either a man, or a horrible, horrible, bitch of a woman. It sickens me when people blame rape on the victim. "If she didn't dress like a whore....if she didn't get drunk....she was just asking for it to happen." NO. NO woman ASKS to be raped. 
And like someone said above, rape is the insertion of anything into the vagina/rectum WITHOUT consent. ANYTHING. Finger, penis, dildo, anything. 

jessw2010
by Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 4:39 PM

Oh, I'm totally in agreement, I'm just saying that 16 is legal age of consent in ohio, not that she wasn't raped. Their defense was that she was sober enough to consent, yeah right lol there are pic of them carrying her around passed out.

Quoting lancet98:

Yes I know I made a mistake there. But it doesn't actually matter that she was 16, she STILL was not able to form consent because she was intoxicated. So it's a moot point.

The same general concept still applies; she was not able to form consent.  A person has to be able to form consent, or it's rape.   A minor cannot legally form consent, a drunk cannot, an unconscious person cannot, a developmentally delayed or disabled person cannot.  

So, for example, a person has sex with an unconscious or even partially unconscious person in a hospital: it's rape.   All sufficiently impaired persons are not able to form consent. The defense will usually argue that point - how impaired was the person. 

In the court case, they probably looked at a lot of more specific details than the public got, to determine how impaired the victim was.   The timeline and what the 50 some witnesses reported at very specific times during the night was probably very important.

The judge's instructions to the jury would clarify the law to them and make it more clear what the legal points are.

And this is the point.   It doesn't really matter if the individual 'came to town to party' or EVEN if she 'wanted to get laid'.   Once an individual is sufficiently impaired, they can't form consent.   The law is very very very clear on that point.  

The rights of the impaired under the law are extremely clear and it's a fundamental principle of law.   As time went on, it became abundantly clear that men were escaping punishment for raping  drunk girls, by claiming the girls were 'sluts' and that they 'asked for it'  

The emergence of date rape drugs, or just simply cleverly getting the girl drunk, wound up being a very strong legal pattern - in other words men had found a way to dodge the law.   It became very clear that the male was very often engineering the situation to his own ends. Even more, it became clear that them escaping punishment was violating a basic legal principle. 

The Rape Crew could have had an awful lot of fun with the girl without being charged with rape.   They could have drawn a little mustache on her face, they could have put a funny hat on her.   They could have had philosophical debates with her while she was passed out.    They could have flopped her arms up and down and chuckled at that.  

They could have done that while they were driving her home.  

The minute they decided to haul her all over town and put their fingers up her, they broke the law.

Taking a drunk home isn't really all that difficult.   Instead, they chose to leave her sitting slumped in the street vomiting on herself; they 'took off her shirt so she wouldn't stain it', and so on and so forth.

There has been some information that suggests a date rape drug was involved.   Most of the time, the public is more sympathetic to a victim, if it comes out that a date rape drug was used.  

Usually, the public is merciless if the woman simply drank too much to be aware.   But how the public views it and how the law works, are generally not the same thing.

But the law is clear and it's been tested many times - even if a person is intoxicated due to their own choice to drink, they are not because of that, available for anyone to do anything and everything.

Their character doesn't matter, their public appeal doesn't matter, how effectively the defense can portray them as  'slut', their motivation - none of that matters.  

One of the most basic principles of law is that a person doesn't lose their rights or their protection under the law simply because they are being stupid.

Quoting jessw2010:

Quoting lancet98:

Quoting aJiG827:

lancet98
by Platinum Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 6:35 PM

The definition of rape varies from state to state.   You forgot to include that in your rant.

But it varies far far more in people's imaginations than it varies from state to state, ROFLMAO.

They define it according to their beliefs.

And the belief behind 'the slut deserved it' is that women (other than oneself, OF COURSE) are evil temptresses who are just waiting to ensnare one's innocent husband...LOL.

In fact, by law, there isn't really any such thing as 'she deserved it'.

And even at that, our Little Golden Boys got tried for a VERY adult crime, as juveniles, they didn't get charged with kidnapping (though it clearly fit the legal definition) AND the three other boys involved got no sentence at all for ratting on their little precious friends, which they evidently found very easy to do.   No honor among thieves, I guess, LOL.

AND...anyone who actually READ the reports realizes that NOTHING was set down as to whether these little angels will wind up as listed sex offenders - that's going to be reviewed when they are released - and I'll bet you a fine lunch not ONE of them will be listed sex offenders.

AND they will serve something close to a YEAR for a set of charges that would have put an adult in prison for most of the remainder of his LIFE.

And you think these little angels got punished harshly?   I think that is a friggin joke - that's the funniest thing I've heard all day(and I've heard a lot of funny things today).  They got treated with kid gloves, and when they blubbered their ridiculous apology in court they got a pat on the back.

The trial was ridiculous - it was a circus.   The boys should have had the book thrown at them.   But thanks to Steubenville's 16 people who refused to testify, they got a little pat on the wrist instead.   Hopefully some of that 16 will face charges and maybe feel a little different after they go to jail for far longer, and the boys get out of Juvie in less than a year.

The law is that way because if it were otherwise, pedophiles would be successfully claiming, 'the 3 year old boy was a slut' and 'the 18 month old baby asked for it'.

Quoting cbadgal:

You are an f$&^%ing indiot!! Any penetration is rape. Period. Drugs or drunk not a defense!! The boys were shit faced as well.  Your response to this victim is completely almost unspeakably INEXCUSABLE!!! You should be ashamed of yourself!! I hope this never happens to you or your daughter! It could happen to anyone. I've been rufied and I am not a drunken whore. MORON!!

massconfusion14
by Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 3:17 PM

You are messed up in the head. You should get raped and see how you feel!

AshTysMom
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:56 PM

troll

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 26, 2013 at 8:31 AM
Who's this?
HappyHomestead
by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 8:44 AM

I tried twice to see and it didn't show. Maybe they are working on the glitch?

Quoting Anonymous:

Who's this?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured