Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Pissed Off and Fed Up...***The REAL one this time!***

Posted by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 5:29 PM
  • 65 Replies
My mom (who I don't get along with) is moving back home to WI from FL on Wednesday morning. I told her last weekend that I'd bring my daughters over to say our goodbyes, this past Friday.

Well, she had a seizure Thursday night, and didn't feel up to it on Friday, so I said fine, we'll be there Saturday. Saturday my daughter got sick, but felt better and wanted to go at 3-ish. I texted my mom and told her. She said, no, your sister is here, I'll text when she leaves. She texted at 10:30 PM that we should come today.

Today comes and she said my sister is there again, can we do it tomorrow?

WWYD? Obviously, my kids aren't a priority, but I also don't want them to not have the chance to say goodbye, because this will most likely be the last time we see her alive.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 5:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MichLW69
by PackersXLV4 on Mar. 17, 2013 at 5:36 PM
Bump!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 17, 2013 at 5:37 PM
well, she clearly doesn't care. it's a rough spot for the kids, but I would just forget it.
lapcounter
by Queen Mom on Mar. 17, 2013 at 5:37 PM
Who gives a shit if your sister is there, it's not about your mother or sister.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MammaPaparazza
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 5:39 PM
Tell her to swing by your place when she can find the time to say goodbye to her grandkids
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
skittlefart
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 5:40 PM

Why does it matter that your sister is there? 

photo 5f2805dd-aa52-4d3c-a50d-2836ff551b95_zps90b9113b.jpg
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Daisypath Wedding tickers
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 17, 2013 at 5:40 PM

How old is she that you are planning for her imminent demise?

MichLW69
by PackersXLV4 on Mar. 17, 2013 at 5:43 PM
My 10-yr old gets physically ill around that sister bc she's so mean to her. She has said to her face that she hates her, she smells like shit and she can't believe she has friends or anyone who likes her.

I won't subject Chiara to being near my sister. My mom doesn't like Chiara either and wouldn't let my oldest go help her this past week, because Chiara would have went along.

Quoting lapcounter:

lapcounter
by Queen Mom on Mar. 17, 2013 at 5:44 PM
Well then I would say your mom is SOL.

Quoting MichLW69:

My 10-yr old gets physically ill around that sister bc she's so mean to her. She has said to her face that she hates her, she smells like shit and she can't believe she has friends or anyone who likes her.

I won't subject Chiara to being near my sister. My mom doesn't like Chiara either and wouldn't let my oldest go help her this past week, because Chiara would have went along.

Quoting lapcounter:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Crazy-Steph
by Ruby Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 5:46 PM
2 moms liked this
Why do you even want your kids to say goodbye to her? Your own mother "doesn't like" your daughter? Fuck all that!
MichLW69
by PackersXLV4 on Mar. 17, 2013 at 5:47 PM
Sadly, she's on 64. She doesn't control her diabetes and therefore her organs are shutting down. She has neuropathy in her legs and uses a walker as a result. She also doesn't take her anti-seizure meds so she has them so regularly. However, she will take pain pills like they're tic tacs. She's gone so far as to ask me if I knew a drug dealer bc her Dr. won't prescribe them anymore. She went through 60 in 4 days.

Quoting Anonymous:

How old is she that you are planning for her imminent demise?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)