Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Anatomy scan tomorrow- I'm so scared :/

Posted by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 6:26 PM
  • 44 Replies

Hi ladies, 

Tomorrow is not only my DS's 2nd birthday, but our 20-week ultrasound to find out what this little squid is. 

My heart, instinct, and all OWTs have pointed to girl (I was a daughter so badly it literally hurts), but the NT scan tech guessed "boy" at 12w5d. She was an experienced midwife/US tech who works at a perinatal center so I am scared she was correct. 

I cry now when I think it's a boy because I might not ever have my daughter. Hubby and I don't know about having three, with the costs associated with children (especially college, yuck). 

How do I cope tomorrow if I hear that it's another boy? I don't want to lose it at the hospital, or be sad all day when I'm at home with my son on his big day. I feel awful! 

by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 6:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bri2011
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 6:28 PM
Awe, its okay, I think its normal to be a lil disapointed but itll be short lived. Plus since u already have a ds, itll have its pros to have another ds. But hugs...and gl...wishing pink baby dust for u!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sugareemommee
by Ruby Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 6:29 PM
Don't be upset. Be thrilled you have another healthy child growing inside you.
livingrlovesong
by Silver Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 6:30 PM
1 mom liked this
You should be glad as long as that child is healthy. We just found out our 7th is a boy. Which makes 1 girl, 6 boys. Every sign in the book pointed to a girl. I will truthfully tell you I cried when she told me it was another boy. But now we are very glad just to have another baby that is healthy
fkh8ah
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 6:30 PM
You get over it and be thankful you have a healthy baby.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 17, 2013 at 6:31 PM
1 mom liked this
An ultrasound cant even guess the sex at 12 weeks, because the genitals havent developed enough to distinguish between the two yet. Good luck.
Lottie925
by Gold Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 6:32 PM
1 mom liked this

I was nervous my second would be a boy! We had a daughter, this is our last and I just didn't feel like I was a boy mom. But you know what? It WAS a boy. When he came out? Honestly, not so cute. Lol but ow he's ridiculously cute. Wiggled his way into my heart within days and now I can't imagine life without him. 

Whoever they are? Imagine if you had a miscarriage right now? You would be devastated. You get who you are meant to get.

emerald111
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 6:32 PM

I would just be glad it's healthy.  

TrouserMouse
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 6:33 PM
2 moms liked this

It is okay to be disappointed. You will get over it. I wanted nothing more in life than to have a daughter this time.  Instead, I got my 5th son and I couldn't possibly love him more.  He is perfect.  You will be okay.  I have been through this the last 3 pregnancies. You will get over it quickly and when you see that baby, you won't care anymore.

angevil53
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 6:33 PM
Oh i was the same way with my second. Good luck though!!!!
wkukid
by Beach Bum on Mar. 17, 2013 at 6:33 PM
Gender disappointment is normal. Just let yourself be sad for a while and move forward knowing you have a healthy baby.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN