Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I let my Parents take custody of my DD at 15,,

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 24 Replies
5 moms liked this
I was raped at 14, by a 23 year old "Man" who served t years in Prison. (I know, what a joke.) I became pregnant, I decided to continue the pregnancy and later gave birth to a beautiful baby girl. But, I signed custody over to my Parents. Why? Because, I wanted to finish school, go to college, and start a career. Over the years I have heard all kids of sayings. What I did was "selfish" I chose to keep her, so I shouldve raised her. & Also, "selfLESS" I did what was best for my child, at the time, to better both of ours lives. I was ridiculed throughout High School. But Now, a College Graduate, with a career and Home, we are signing the custody Papers back over to my Name TOMORROW. Im so excited I can barely stand it. Before now Id usually keep her 3-4 nights a week in between work j school. Now I am finished I finally will get my DD (4) back full time. I graduated 3rd of my class in High School at 17. Now at 19 I have my Associates in Arts, Working for a Photographer (design) I look back and am proud.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 17, 2013 at 6:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommy2b2many
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 6:30 PM

I am so sorry for how your DD came about. But I am so happy for you that you'll be getting her back. Congrats and Good luck!

mommyspalace
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 6:31 PM
Amicable to say the least (((hugs)))
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
IandLoveandYou
by Penny Lane on Mar. 17, 2013 at 6:31 PM
1 mom liked this
That's amazing, how strong you must be.. And how proud your parents must be :).

Congratulations and good luck!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
banana-bear
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 6:32 PM
Happy for you!
amy1will
by Amethyst on Mar. 17, 2013 at 6:32 PM
Congratulations and Good Luck!!
Kaelaasmom
by Katie on Mar. 17, 2013 at 6:33 PM

Good for you and your parents. Best of luck in the future.

CafeMom Tickers
Cynthje
by Bronze Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 6:33 PM

You did what you had to at the time and its not up to any of us to judge you really. congrats and good luck in life!

TranquilMind
by Ruby Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 6:34 PM

Who cares what others think!   I think what you did was admirable (not that you should care what I think either, ha ha).  Good for you! 

You got to be with her all these years and have a relationship and she got a stable family.    You made something good out of something tragic.  Bravo! (Brava..since you are female, I guess!)

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 17, 2013 at 6:35 PM
That sounds amazing to me. Sounds like your a really intelligent person and always have been. You also have some great parents! I got preggy in high school and was kicked out. I still managed to finish high school, but college is out of the question.
paganmommy4
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 6:35 PM

You were lucky to have loving parents that helped you through your tough times. Signing her over must of been extremely hard for you. You were super young and didn't need to be raising a baby while you were still just a kid yourself. I am so happy for you that you are getting your daughter home. Are you ready to parent full time? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured