Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What did your kids do today?

Posted by   + Show Post

Mine played in the water sprinkler!

by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 6:56 PM
Replies (151-156):
gcstar42
by Gold Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 12:09 AM

Thats definately how I am also. Now all I gotta do is find a man who feels the same way since my ex definately did not the last couple of years we were together lol.

Quoting TattooedMomto4:

That's how it was for us when we were in our 20's, our friends were in to the party scene (even though they all had kids, they just left them with the sitter every weekend) and we  weren't and still aren't. I have tried having female friends my age but they complain a lot and are just kind of downers, LOL, and hubby isn't interested in hanging out with guys his age because they prefer to go out without their wives and drink all the time. No one really hangs out as couples, husbands go one way and wives go the other. We enjoy being together and our friends are all like minded that and prefer to do things as a family or as a couple.

Quoting gcstar42:

Lol that is great! I am 28 and love to just have fun but not be wild if that makes any sense. Most people my age are either way way too into partying and getting drunk and leaving their kids with someone all the time or are way to serious and do not want to do anything at all. I like to have fun just hanging out, playing silly/crazy games, and stuff like that.

Quoting TattooedMomto4:

I am sure that some people would say that hubby and I have hit a mid life crisis but the fact is we have just hit a mid life awareness, LOL, and we can be ourselves now. Our kids are grown men now and we can live for ourselves and do what we want without worrying about the things that we wear and do coming back to haunt our sons.  We have never fit in with people our age so for many years we were friendless. As our sons and their friends grew up and hit their 20's (our oldest son is almost 27) we realized that we all enjoyed hanging out and their friends became our friends. My best friends are 25 and 27 and went to school with my sons. We bowl together, go out to the movies, etc. and as couples and groups we go out to eat together, occasionally go out drinking and have bbqs in our back yard and just have a great time. We just get along better with people 1/2 our age, people our age are too serious for us.

Quoting gcstar42:

Love it! I hope I always feel young!

Quoting TattooedMomto4:

Yep, you are only as old as you feel and hubby and I both feel like we are in our 20's :-)

Quoting gcstar42:

Lol forever young!

Quoting TattooedMomto4:

Thank you :-) Today was a big one...it was the 25th anniversary of my 21st birthday ;-)

Quoting gcstar42:

Happy Birthday!

Quoting TattooedMomto4:

Mine hung out with their mom and celebrated my birthday with me :-)

gcstar42
by Gold Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 12:11 AM

Fun! We do not have any beaches nearby. The closest is about 8 hours away lol. Beautiful picture! Where is this taken at?

Quoting littlemonaghan:

My daughter played on the beach with her Pop Pop

littlemonaghan
by Gold Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 12:13 AM
1 mom liked this
Venice, FL

We don't have any "real" beaches at home either. We came down to visit my parents while my husband is deployed.

DD hasn't seen her pop pop in a year, and her grandma only saw her when she was born. It was a much needed vacation :)

Quoting gcstar42:

Fun! We do not have any beaches nearby. The closest is about 8 hours away lol. Beautiful picture! Where is this taken at?

Quoting littlemonaghan:

My daughter played on the beach with her Pop Pop

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
pitbull4me
by Bronze Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 12:16 AM
1 mom liked this

went to church,to lunch,played at a friends house,came home played outside,ate dinner,played school,read some books,my dd had indoor soccer game,took baths,read a couple more books,my dd and I had our before bed chat,my 3yro ds and I fed the dogs,then he fell asleep by 9pm.

gcstar42
by Gold Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 12:26 AM

Lol that is a crazy crazy amount of snow. This was our one snowfall this year and it was a lot more than we usually get.

Quoting Ayla-bellesmom:

Lol! Nah...we just cut a big hole in the ice and go for a dip. 

Lol. Totally kidding. I live in a bigger city so we have quite a few indoor pools in our area thankfully, which is awesome because my kid is a fish and would probably die if we had to go all winter without swimming. LoLol here's a pic from the other day....a lot of it had melted and then it started alllll over again.

Ill show you crazy snow though. These were from two winters ago......the most I've seen as an adult. The dates and time of day is obviously off. Lol

Quoting gcstar42:

Lol I have MAYBE seen that much snow if you combine all the snow from my whole life. Haha. I am guessing yall have an indoor pool to go to somewhere though so that must be nice!

Quoting Ayla-bellesmom:

I hate you! Lol. We still have three feet of snow! Haha.

she had a sleepover last night so we took her friend out for brunch, then did a little shopping, went swimming, went to dinner then took her friend home and came home to bed.

alf2651
by Gold Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 12:43 AM
1 mom liked this

It is! It's super cute. DD's 4 and she loves it.

Quoting gcstar42:

Is that  good movie? We have not seen it yet.

Quoting alf2651:

Played in her room and watched Hotel Transylvania with me. It was raining too much to go outside.

CafeMom Tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured