Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

*UPDATE* Is Your Son Circumcised?

Posted by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 10:57 PM
  • 659 Replies
6 moms liked this

Poll

Question: Is your son circumcised? What led to your decision?

Options:

Yes.

No.

If I had a son, he would be circumcised.

If I had a son, he would NOT be circumcised.

I have at least one son who IS and at least one son who is NOT. (Why?)

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 861

View Results

We only have a daughter at the moment, but my husband and I do plan to have more children, so the subject of "to circumcise or not to circumcise" as often come up.  We have yet to settle one way or the other, but I guess that is not a big deal until the day an ultrasound technician says "It's a boy!"  The big concern my husband has, of course, is that if left intact his son would be different from most boys.  I pointed out that we homeschool, so the P.E. locker room scenario would not really be an issue.  Then, I read somewhere (it may have even been on CafeMom) that the tables have actually turned in America, and that uncircumcised males (well, obviously males...lol) are in the majority.

As this is a site populated by mothers, I thought it would be a good group to survey on the subject.  For those that will question why I care either way, it is partially out of curiosity, and partially to gather information to add to our list our circumcision pros and cons list.

To be clear, while I am sure that at least one feud will ensue in the comments, it is not my intention to start a heated debate.  I am simply using this site for its intended purpose (to network with other mothers and gather information and advice on subjects of concern and interest to women and mothers).

*Wow.  You go to bed and all hell breaks loose on your post...lol.

I just wanted to thank all of you for your input, advice, and all that jazz.  Between our own research and the firsthand experience accounts you all have provided, my husband and I have decided that we will not be circumcising any future sons.  Now, before this post blows up again with irate women who have chosen differently, please know that I in no way look down on any of you, nor think you are bad mothers.  My husband and my brother are both circumcised, and I do not think ill of my mother or mother-in-law (well, I do not think ill of my mother-in-law for THAT...lol)  This is a personal choice, and to each her own. :)

I am...a dreadlocks sportin', vegan food diggin', garden growin', floaty skirt wearin', bare feet steppin', from scratch cookin', non-spankin', homeschoolin', fiction writin', couponin', dog adoptin', displaced Texan, wife of a soldier and mother of a darlin'...

by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 10:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momto2boys973
by Ruby Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 10:58 PM
5 moms liked this

Yes, both are. We're jewish, so it was basically a religious decision, although I welcome all the medical benefits that come with it

DarcMystical86
by Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 10:59 PM
5 moms liked this
Both my sons are circumcised. I'm happy because it is very hygienic.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Islandmom2boys
by Platinum Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 10:59 PM
3 moms liked this

Yes, both are. And very proud of the decision we made to have them circ'ed, so no regrets.

audreesmama
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 10:59 PM
22 moms liked this
No. It's a cosmetic surgery without the owner's consent. My son deserves the right to choose for himself. He will look different in other ways...his hair, skin color, eye color, height. Why would you change something few people should see, if you wouldn't change all that?

My son was born perfect and didn't need surgery to make him acceptable.

Op, watch a couple of circumcision videos. If you can't handle that, don't force your son to handle it.

VIDEO

djsmommy13
by Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 11:00 PM
7 moms liked this
Both of my boys and husband arent I dont see the point. None of them have ever had a problem and my husband is the best person ive ever had sex with
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mtdew
by Silver Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 11:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes both of my sons are.

bowribbonmama
by Ruby Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 11:01 PM
8 moms liked this
No. I see no reason to remove the foreskin for my son, unless he had a medical reason.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sarah824
by Platinum Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 11:01 PM
2 moms liked this

DS is circumcised. Since he is a boy and I had no experience in that department I let DH make the decision.

mylovey
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 11:01 PM
6 moms liked this

Our son is intact. At first my husband wanted him to be circumcised, but I forced him to research it. After looking into it, he no longer wanted our son circumcised. To us it seemed completely unnecessary, and there is risk involved. He came out perfect, there was no need to alter his penis. 

Mommy to little Miss. Saylor, and little Mr. Finley. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 17, 2013 at 11:02 PM
2 moms liked this
No. My dh is not circumsized, and didnt want our son to be either. I did my research and couldnt come up with a single good reason on why he should be, so I agreed and we left him intact. Also, the last study I saw showed it was a 50/50 split in locker rooms, that was years ago though, I dont know the current numbers.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)