Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm an addict

Posted by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 12:30 AM
  • 38 Replies

I'm addicted to soda. A full on addict. I crave it. 

My last drink was 2 weeks ago. I still want it. I want it right now. I want a big, tall, super cold glass of Dr Pepper... I can imagine that sweet smell and the bubbles that go up my nose. Mmmm I want a soda. But NO! I will not!!!!

Anybody else addicted?

Is unsweeted iced tea ok to drink? I mean, it's healthier than soda, right?

by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 12:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
britadams10
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 12:34 AM

ahh i love soda!!! tbut im pregnant and to stop drinking it : ( wahh lol

shudderette
by Silver Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 12:46 AM

I didn't even stop when I was pregnant. I didn't recognize it as an addiction until a couple years ago. I've tried to stop a several times. I've only made it as long as 3 weeks. I'm going to do it this time though. I'm done. I dont want my kids to become regular drinkers. I can see my youngest starting to go that way. He talks about it all the time. He can't wait for pizza night cause that's the only time I ever let them have soda. I realized it's not fair to restrict his soda drinking but then get a glass for myself. So, it's time to stop. Cold turkey. Never go back. I still have it in my house because I still plan on letting the kids have it on pizza night. Gotta let them live a little. But I won't have any because once I get that 1st one i'll think it's ok to have another and another and another. Like I said, it's an addiction.

Quoting britadams10:

ahh i love soda!!! tbut im pregnant and to stop drinking it : ( wahh lol

Mrs.Pedro
by Gold Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 12:51 AM
I'm with you... I don't care for other sodas but DP is my addiction. If I go long enough without it I will end up replacing it slowly. So instead I limit myself to one can per week and don't keep it in my house. If its there I can't say no. Maybe you can so that with your family. I love those tiny half size cans... Just enough to taste without drinking too much of it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 18, 2013 at 12:52 AM
2 moms liked this
*drinks diet dr pepper* Ill stay an addict. But GL.
sarahbsquare
by Silver Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 12:52 AM

it is healthier than soda so go nuts.

shudderette
by Silver Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 12:54 AM

Awesome, thanks!

Quoting sarahbsquare:

it is healthier than soda so go nuts.

atm1979
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 12:56 AM
Coffee All day everyday with s coke now and again
im_2_xblessed
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 12:57 AM
Dr pepper and those evil cinnamon melts from mcDonalds...
I know I should stop.. I can give up the melts, but not the Dr Pepper.. Not even while pregnant:( I have tried giving it up. But get grumpy and everyone ( kids,parents) say I'm much nicer on Dr. Pepper lol.
Toonkasmommy
by Platinum Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 12:58 AM
This saved my life lol

Quoting Anonymous:

*drinks diet dr pepper* Ill stay an addict. But GL.

1RedHottMama
by Gold Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 12:58 AM

I was addicted to Code Red Mountain Dew. I drank about a six pack of 20-ounce bottles every other day. I had surgery in November and DH brought one for me as soon as I woke-up. I took a drink and it made my stomach burn so bad. I figured it would be better in a few days,it wasn't and I haven't been able to drink one since or any other soda besides Sprite. I went in to surgery 5'7" and 145 pounds,one month later I had lost 18 pounds and within the next three months I lost another nine pounds and the only thing I did differently was to stop drinking soda. I never went through withdrawal either.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)