Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm an addict

Posted by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 12:30 AM
  • 38 Replies

I'm addicted to soda. A full on addict. I crave it. 

My last drink was 2 weeks ago. I still want it. I want it right now. I want a big, tall, super cold glass of Dr Pepper... I can imagine that sweet smell and the bubbles that go up my nose. Mmmm I want a soda. But NO! I will not!!!!

Anybody else addicted?

Is unsweeted iced tea ok to drink? I mean, it's healthier than soda, right?

by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 12:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
britadams10
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 12:34 AM

ahh i love soda!!! tbut im pregnant and to stop drinking it : ( wahh lol

shudderette
by Silver Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 12:46 AM

I didn't even stop when I was pregnant. I didn't recognize it as an addiction until a couple years ago. I've tried to stop a several times. I've only made it as long as 3 weeks. I'm going to do it this time though. I'm done. I dont want my kids to become regular drinkers. I can see my youngest starting to go that way. He talks about it all the time. He can't wait for pizza night cause that's the only time I ever let them have soda. I realized it's not fair to restrict his soda drinking but then get a glass for myself. So, it's time to stop. Cold turkey. Never go back. I still have it in my house because I still plan on letting the kids have it on pizza night. Gotta let them live a little. But I won't have any because once I get that 1st one i'll think it's ok to have another and another and another. Like I said, it's an addiction.

Quoting britadams10:

ahh i love soda!!! tbut im pregnant and to stop drinking it : ( wahh lol

Mrs.Pedro
by Platinum Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 12:51 AM
I'm with you... I don't care for other sodas but DP is my addiction. If I go long enough without it I will end up replacing it slowly. So instead I limit myself to one can per week and don't keep it in my house. If its there I can't say no. Maybe you can so that with your family. I love those tiny half size cans... Just enough to taste without drinking too much of it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 18, 2013 at 12:52 AM
2 moms liked this
*drinks diet dr pepper* Ill stay an addict. But GL.
sarahbsquare
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 12:52 AM

it is healthier than soda so go nuts.

shudderette
by Silver Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 12:54 AM

Awesome, thanks!

Quoting sarahbsquare:

it is healthier than soda so go nuts.

atm1979
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 12:56 AM
Coffee All day everyday with s coke now and again
im_2_xblessed
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 12:57 AM
Dr pepper and those evil cinnamon melts from mcDonalds...
I know I should stop.. I can give up the melts, but not the Dr Pepper.. Not even while pregnant:( I have tried giving it up. But get grumpy and everyone ( kids,parents) say I'm much nicer on Dr. Pepper lol.
Toonkasmommy
by Platinum Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 12:58 AM
This saved my life lol

Quoting Anonymous:

*drinks diet dr pepper* Ill stay an addict. But GL.

1RedHottMama
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 12:58 AM

I was addicted to Code Red Mountain Dew. I drank about a six pack of 20-ounce bottles every other day. I had surgery in November and DH brought one for me as soon as I woke-up. I took a drink and it made my stomach burn so bad. I figured it would be better in a few days,it wasn't and I haven't been able to drink one since or any other soda besides Sprite. I went in to surgery 5'7" and 145 pounds,one month later I had lost 18 pounds and within the next three months I lost another nine pounds and the only thing I did differently was to stop drinking soda. I never went through withdrawal either.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN