Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My husband had an affair

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
Two years ago my husband had an affair. The girl had been living us for six months; she was my brothers fiancé and he was away at boot camp. The affair went on almost the whole time. My husband is a good man but he was in a terrible place and we were not communicating.

When it finally came out we split up for about a month but my son was so devastated that we ended up back together for his sake. Up until last October, dh had become verbally and borderline physically abusive. I finally gave him an ultimatum that we move five states away to where my family is. We moved.

Financially things are bad here. I miss my friends. I'm sort of a weird nerdy chick and out here in the boondocks the rednecks look at me funny. Dh wants to move back. (FYI I love rednecks. They are my family. But they don't get me)

Oh yeah and my brother is still marrying that girl. In August. They live across the country and I miss him terribly.

Ok. Done venting. I'm not really supposed to talk about that stuff but sometimes I just want to scream at people who think my life is perfect.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 18, 2013 at 2:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
barneysaid
by Gold Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 2:06 AM
O.o wow...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mommy2BeAmy
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 2:06 AM
Sorry that happened. Why are you with an abusive man youre not putting your child at risk to witness or be abused?
PEEK05
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 2:08 AM

That sounds like a shit load of messed up. Sorry. :(

TaLeahMB
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 2:12 AM
Well, why did you insist on moving? That marriage sounds dead.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
krissy920
by Gold Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 4:49 AM

your husband cant be that great of a man to cheat then  verbally and physically abuse you. he needs to get therapy, then the 2 of you together need couples therapy. Hopefully your child doesnt see him acting this way. Are you   going to allow your brothers fiancee back in your lives when they get married?

Fatal_Frost
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 4:53 AM
The fact that you're still with him, and alienating yourself from family, shows how messed in the head you are... you would think you'd want to set a good example for your kids, what would you think if they stayed with someone who does shit like your dh does?

We've been in some stressful times before, but dh has never been abusive and never cheated... some guys are real men, and some guys like your dh are lowlives with wives who constantly excuse them
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 18, 2013 at 4:54 AM

Does your brother know about the affair? I would never want them (well, her) to visit. I also would probably never trust him (husband) again. That sucks. I have trust issues and if my husband cheated I don't think we could ever go back. I told him he doesn't have to tell me, just don't have sex with me if he does and we can get a divorce.

Lindalou907
by Silver Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 4:54 AM

You can forgive but you will never forget. NO one's life is perfect, that's for sure! Good luck!

Lindalou907
by Silver Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 5:01 AM

An affair doesn't always have to end in a divorce, maybe YOU'RE "messed up in the head"!  OP insisted on moving back to her family not "alienating" herself. If you're going to be a witch at least read carefully.

Quoting Fatal_Frost:

The fact that you're still with him, and alienating yourself from family, shows how messed in the head you are... you would think you'd want to set a good example for your kids, what would you think if they stayed with someone who does shit like your dh does?

We've been in some stressful times before, but dh has never been abusive and never cheated... some guys are real men, and some guys like your dh are lowlives with wives who constantly excuse them

crumpy_gat
by No. on Mar. 18, 2013 at 5:08 AM
Financially things are bad, but how is the marriage?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN