Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Living in an apartment is...tacky?

I just read another post and someone said living in an apartment is tacky. Huh? what? Why? I am seriously wondering why?

There are so many benefits to living in an apartment. Even if I could get a house (which I probably could at some point and have had the opportunity to before but decided against it), I see nothing tacky about living in an apartment.

These are the reasons I personally love living in one:

My land lady is AMAZING.

If something breaks, it isn't my responsibility to shell out the cash to fix it. In teh 6 years we have lived here, we have gotten a new stove and a new fridge (they were both over 20 years old by then).

We have had frozen pipes and backed up sinks and I didn't have to shell out a penny for a plumber.

I get PAID to take care of the lawn.

I don't have to pay property taxes.

Why in the world is apartment living tacky?

by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 2:12 AM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 18, 2013 at 2:17 AM

Apartment living can be sucky. Thats probably why some think its tacky. You could get shitty neighbors, but you can get shitty neighbors if you live in a house too...only difference is, its easier to move out of an apartment than it is to move out of a house. You can also have a shitty land lord too. My best friend had a bad land lord, and refused to fix their ac, and they didn't have the money to buy a new one, let alone pay for legal fees to sue their land lord . It can be really shitty living in apartments, but it can also be awesome too.

kimikylemama
by Bronze Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 2:17 AM
Nothing wrong with living In an apt. I haven't lived in a house for years
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Mar. 18, 2013 at 2:17 AM

I don't like sharing walls so I could never do an apartment

kmorales7690
by Ruby Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 2:18 AM
I live in a very nice apartment. We're saving for a house. I don't like it really but it's nice!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 18, 2013 at 2:18 AM

Personally, I think that's B.S.  Loved living in my apt b/4 marriage.  For all reasons you listed.

MidnightKat
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 2:19 AM
I live in a apartment and it is Awesome .
Easy to clean and cozy.
ChevronOwls
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 2:19 AM

Wow, there are a ton of tacky people in NYC then!

FoxFire363
by Ruby Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 2:21 AM
1 mom liked this
That's just ridiculous.
aka_speezolove
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 2:21 AM

I wouldn't mind having more room for storage, but it isn't that big of a deal. I have made it work for 6 years here :)

RayOSunshine03
by Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 2:21 AM
1 mom liked this

I really expected someone to point out that owners of apt complexes definitely pass the costs of property taxes down to their tenants...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)