Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Living in an apartment is...tacky?

I just read another post and someone said living in an apartment is tacky. Huh? what? Why? I am seriously wondering why?

There are so many benefits to living in an apartment. Even if I could get a house (which I probably could at some point and have had the opportunity to before but decided against it), I see nothing tacky about living in an apartment.

These are the reasons I personally love living in one:

My land lady is AMAZING.

If something breaks, it isn't my responsibility to shell out the cash to fix it. In teh 6 years we have lived here, we have gotten a new stove and a new fridge (they were both over 20 years old by then).

We have had frozen pipes and backed up sinks and I didn't have to shell out a penny for a plumber.

I get PAID to take care of the lawn.

I don't have to pay property taxes.

Why in the world is apartment living tacky?

by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 2:12 AM
Replies (21-30):
heavenly1462
by Jessica on Mar. 18, 2013 at 2:21 AM
Apparently to some of these crazy mom's, if you don't live in a nice two story house with all the bells and whistles and a white picket fence, then you're tacky. Lol

I live in an apartment. Its pretty spacious and its all I need for just my dd and I. My land lady is great and I don't have a yard to take care of, or have to shovel. Its all taken care of for me! Sure I'd like to have a house someday, but for now I like living in my apartment.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Lizard_Lina
by Platinum Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 2:23 AM
I cried when we moved to our house lol I libe it now but I loved my apartment
jacandjay
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 2:23 AM
Yea me either... how odd

Quoting aka_speezolove:

I seriously thought that was such an odd comment lol. I have never heard that before.

Quoting jacandjay:

This

Quoting nocalmegan:

It's not. That anon was stupid and just trying to find something to bash about

KME3
by Platinum Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 2:25 AM
I love my apartment. I love the pool, exercise room, business center, fire place, stainless Steele appliances, and laundry room. And then there's the location..it's just great! Lol.
aka_speezolove
by Silver Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 2:25 AM

Quoting RayOSunshine03:

I really expected someone to point out that owners of apt complexes definitely pass the costs of property taxes down to their tenants...

I have a private land lady and our rent is the same as it was 6 years ago.

amberlyp
by Gold Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 2:27 AM
We bought a house last May and I miss our apartment so much!!!:(
JasonsMom2007
by Silver Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 2:27 AM

I've never lived in an apartment so I don't have any real experience with one.  Apartment living is not for me because I like outdoor space to do things like raise chickens, garden, etc. 

I don't think it's tacky though.  Just a different lifestyle from the one I like.

Beebella
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 2:29 AM
I live in a beautiful apartment, beautiful building with a great doorman. I would take that anyway over some of these tacky ass old l
aka_speezolove
by Silver Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 2:29 AM

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

I've never lived in an apartment so I don't have any real experience with one.  Apartment living is not for me because I like outdoor space to do things like raise chickens, garden, etc. 

I don't think it's tacky though.  Just a different lifestyle from the one I like.

I do some gardening here, but I do wish we could have chickens.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 18, 2013 at 2:29 AM

Did you get a tankless water heater? We rent a house now but if we owned I would want to get one.

Quoting 2BRBgirlz:

Seriously!! My water heater just went out.  I was like "I wish I had a landlord to call!!" , but because I own this POS, I had to fix it! LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)