Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Living in an apartment is...tacky?

I just read another post and someone said living in an apartment is tacky. Huh? what? Why? I am seriously wondering why?

There are so many benefits to living in an apartment. Even if I could get a house (which I probably could at some point and have had the opportunity to before but decided against it), I see nothing tacky about living in an apartment.

These are the reasons I personally love living in one:

My land lady is AMAZING.

If something breaks, it isn't my responsibility to shell out the cash to fix it. In teh 6 years we have lived here, we have gotten a new stove and a new fridge (they were both over 20 years old by then).

We have had frozen pipes and backed up sinks and I didn't have to shell out a penny for a plumber.

I get PAID to take care of the lawn.

I don't have to pay property taxes.

Why in the world is apartment living tacky?

by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 2:12 AM
Replies (41-50):
anonymous12308
by Platinum Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 2:57 AM
Sadly I doubt that just another woman that can't grow up. Why say anything at all? If you didnt like the post why not just leave? Why insist on starting non needed drama?

Quoting Anonymous:

That would be MY reply.  It was a troll moment to take from OPs need of validation and I succeeded in getting the attention away from the OP's need to fish for compliments. THAT was actually my intent. I could personally give a fuck where people live.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Summerlion1123
by Platinum Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 3:01 AM
I don't think its tacky. Right at this moment though it sounds terrible. I'm in a duplex with other duplexes very close. I'd love a house surrounded by 50 acres on all sides. No neighbors. Ugh.
askyourmother
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 10:34 AM
I love my apartment. It doesn't even feel like an apartment because we have a full finished basement den and laundry room.
2BRBgirlz
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 10:34 AM

No, we don't plan on owning this house that long, didn't want to invest anymore money than we had to!

Quoting Anonymous:

Did you get a tankless water heater? We rent a house now but if we owned I would want to get one.

Quoting 2BRBgirlz:

Seriously!! My water heater just went out.  I was like "I wish I had a landlord to call!!" , but because I own this POS, I had to fix it! LOL

Mainstream Moms
Come join us!!  No crunchiness!big smile mini

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 18, 2013 at 10:35 AM

It's not, some people think everyone has to have their lifestyle and if they are different they are less, it's called being a snob.

audreesmama
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 10:35 AM
We have all that, but we rent a house. It's pretty awesome...all the perks of apartment living but in 3000sq ft lol. IDGAF if someone thinks I'm trashy.
IncognitoOne
by Ruby Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 10:36 AM

I wouldn't want to live in an apartment, exactly. I wouldn't mind living in a town home/condo/apartment where you BUY the space as opposed to renting the space.

acrogodess
by Ruby Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 10:36 AM
I'm about to move into a new apartment. Utilities will be included. If I want to pay a little extra, I can get a washer and dryer too
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mybabyapples
by Nickels on Mar. 18, 2013 at 10:37 AM
I dont live in apartments because i like privacy and dont like sharing walls. Apartments arent tacky ,judgmental people are though.
AleaKat
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 10:37 AM
There are apartments nicer than my house! And more expensive too.
I've seen ones that are like gated communities that are clean enough to eat off the concrete.

That post was just silly
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)