Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

DH Thinks only white people

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 572 Replies
2 moms liked this

Have their cats around their newborn babies and its a  safety risk to do this... He says people of other races do not do this.... Do/ have you had a cat around your newborn baby????

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 18, 2013 at 2:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 18, 2013 at 2:43 AM
13 moms liked this

I have cats... My child was a newborn... am I supposed to dump he cat because I had a baby?

teenmom0305
by Bronze Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 2:43 AM

I didnt have a cat then but if i could have i would have. Its all about training your cat to dislike the baby places( crib, playpen, even the blankets)

wulfeyes05
by Ruby Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 2:44 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't have a cat, but my mom is black and always let hers around us. I also have black family that let their cats go in their kid's rooms when they were babies.

KME3
by Platinum Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 2:45 AM
1 mom liked this
I would let my cat around the baby.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
DahliaDoxy
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 2:46 AM
17 moms liked this

I would not let a cat around my baby.

AustinRonMommy
by Nickhole on Mar. 18, 2013 at 2:46 AM
5 moms liked this

I'm white, but I got my cat when my oldest was 6mo old. They are 6mo apart, my cat is now 4 1/2 and he's awesome. My youngest is 3 and my cat has been around him since the day we came home from the hospital.

My dad told me not to do it, that he would suffocate my kids...he never suffocated either of them. 

He's only hurt either of them once. My oldest was about 2 1/2 and he fell on the cat and the cat bit his hand. I don't blame the cat, or my son...it was an accident and the cat was just trying to protect himself. 

I still have the cat and he even sleeps with my sons sometimes. Oh and I will eventually have at least one more kid and when I do, as long as my cat is still living, he will be around that child as well.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 18, 2013 at 2:47 AM

Thank You Ladies...

armywifey26
by Krissy on Mar. 18, 2013 at 2:47 AM
30 moms liked this

My cat couldn't care less about the baby. As long as the new thing in the house didn't interrupt her 22 hours of sleep then she left it alone 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 18, 2013 at 2:47 AM
2 moms liked this
I will not let my babies around any dog or cat whatsoever! I think they are very dirty. No pets I my house in millions years.
jacandjay
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 2:48 AM
8 moms liked this
Dont have a cat... dont like them
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)