Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

DH Thinks only white people

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Have their cats around their newborn babies and its a  safety risk to do this... He says people of other races do not do this.... Do/ have you had a cat around your newborn baby????

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 18, 2013 at 2:42 AM
Replies (21-30):
StarburstKisses
by Silver Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 2:55 AM

We still had our cat when we had DD but I was very careful about it. I made sure that he was away from DD when napping, or asleep. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Mar. 18, 2013 at 2:58 AM
I had a cat when dd was born and yes we kept the cat. As to her around dd, it never was an issue. She had no interest in going near her.
Fatal_Frost
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 2:59 AM
1 mom liked this
The only thing I've heard of is accidental suffocation, bc cats are attracted to babies bc they're like little heating pads... our cats were just kept out of the bedrooms... no issues

I dont think ANY kind of animal should be left alone with a newborn, apparently thats not common sense though

Quoting Anonymous:

Maybe lol

My cousin who is white but married to a black man and closer to his fmaily got rid of her cat when she was about to have a baby.

We had 3 cats when our youngest was born. She's fine. What's the supposed risk?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ninjakids
by Christina on Mar. 18, 2013 at 2:59 AM
I have a photo from when my oldest was 7 months old..his crib was broken (my mom watched him and he got his leg through the bars and she panicked and snapped the bars off lmfao) & i went to check on him in his room in his playpen and him and our kitten were curled up sound alseep :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Mar. 18, 2013 at 3:00 AM

We're white, we don't have a cat, so not true here.

My BIL is black and he and my sister have 3 cats, BIL allowed the cats around their newborns. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Mar. 18, 2013 at 3:02 AM

i wouldn't have a cat around  a newborn baby either..probably all just superstition but i wouldn't take the chance

and you aren't supposed to be cleaning out litter boxes when pregnant anyway....some sort of terrible disease that can make you miscarry....

Summerlion1123
by Platinum Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 3:03 AM
Do you mean own a cat or leave the two alone together? I didn't have a cat but i would with a newborn. I wouldn't leave them together unsupervised.
Fields456
by Ruby Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 3:05 AM
We did but never while he was sleeping and at night we would just shut our door so they couldn't get in. Had no issues
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Mar. 18, 2013 at 3:06 AM
Cats are soul stealers. No cats in this house. How do you think they got 9 lives?
ninjakids
by Christina on Mar. 18, 2013 at 3:10 AM
9 moms liked this

Decided to dig out the photo amd share it haha :) & i realized he was 8 months according to fb. Lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN