Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DH Thinks only white people

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Have their cats around their newborn babies and its a  safety risk to do this... He says people of other races do not do this.... Do/ have you had a cat around your newborn baby????

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 18, 2013 at 2:42 AM
Replies (31-40):
bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Mar. 18, 2013 at 3:12 AM

no, the cat has to stay far away from the baby. and dh and I are white

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 18, 2013 at 3:12 AM

I had 4 cats when my first 2 were born. They didn't sleep in their room or anything. I kept the door closed. When my 3rd was born we only had 1 cat. My cat likes to sneak into his room, he hides from the older two. Thanks for reminding me, I need to go get her out of there.

RandiBear
by Gold Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 3:14 AM
1 mom liked this

So the Hmong's I knew who had ten cats around their babies didn't really exist...or my sister's kid's father (who is black)...or several hispanic friends....or my brazilian cousin....or the Somoan guy I dated who has 7 cats around his 3 week old...nope...

The problem with cats and babies is that cats are drawn to warm places. Babies are little heaters and their heads are usually where the cats want to lay beside, which can cause hairs to be inhaled or actual smothering. That being said, animals shouldn't be allowed around small children unsupervised anyway. Even the most loving animal can do harm without meaning to.

tossed
by Platinum Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 3:15 AM

I would not have ANY animal around my newborn. My mom said that when I was a baby, she came in the room where I was sleeping in a crib and a cat (don't know who owned it) was trying to get in my mouth because I smelled like milk. So, I can see that as a possible problem. There are also diseases that cats (and other animals) carry. My kids were not around any animals until they were at least a year old.

white_wolf454
by Platinum Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 3:15 AM
i am white and would not let the cat near my babies
Uhura
by Silver Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 3:17 AM
1 mom liked this

Oh lord, the whole cat thing is a myth. The only thing you have to be careful of is the cat jumping into the crib or other sleeping area, not understanding that the baby could be hurt. The same goes for any critter who can jump into there.

CafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers 

CafeMom Tickers

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 18, 2013 at 3:27 AM
1 mom liked this
My cat is 12, and my oldest child is 10. I have 4 kids and my cat has been around them all their lives. Yes I'm white. I don't see what the big deal with having a cat and babies.
DarlaHood
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 3:31 AM

It is sad to me to think of kids growing up without any pets because my dogs have always been so special to me.  But I can't lie.  I was just trying to think of something really poignant to write to inspire you to consider a dog when my beautiful pup came trotting in with a piece of poop and set it down right at my feet! I got the lysol wipes out (so don't worry).  But I'm just gonna say nevermind cuz  I'm guessing that would not be something you would want to deal with!  hahahaha

Quoting Anonymous:

Btw we don't even wear shoes in the house

Quoting Anonymous:

I will not let my babies around any dog or cat whatsoever! I think they are very dirty. No pets I my house in million years.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 18, 2013 at 3:33 AM
2 moms liked this
Lmao ok someone is a little psycho.

Quoting Anonymous:

Cats are soul stealers. No cats in this house. How do you think they got 9 lives?
Momo77
by Gold Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 3:34 AM
I don't have any cat's. Plus I hate them.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured