Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Finally relief!! My husband was about to get a phone call!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies
3 moms liked this
I'm at work and had a clogged duct. I still have 4 1/2 hrs to go. Thankfully I got it and didn't have to have my husband bring the baby up here to help me out. Whew. I'm at 6oz and counting. So here's to an empty boob!
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 18, 2013 at 3:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
banana-bear
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 3:08 AM
Tmi, lady....lol. Glad you aren't in pain! I never had one of those before.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 18, 2013 at 3:13 AM
It's the same pain as being engorged when you're like 2-3 days pp. it sucks. I've only had them a few times after too long away from the baby. Pumps just don't work like babies do. Lol.

Thanks. And sorry for the tmi. I work with all men so I have no one to complain to. Lol.

Quoting banana-bear:

wulfeyes05
by Ruby Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 3:13 AM

Good thing you got it out. I got mastitis once and didn't even know it. My breast was red and itchy and warm and I thought it was just a rash or something. I went into the emergency room for lower back pain after having my youngest. Turned out I had a bad UTI. I had the doctor look at my breast because the itch was worse and he said that is the beginning of mastitis. I was like dafuq...how did that happen? The mastitis caused my duct to swell and get all clogged. I had to pump and feed my son constantly. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 18, 2013 at 3:15 AM
Good thing they found it. I'm so scared of that. I've seriously called my husband in the middle of the night to bring me a baby to nurse. my son could always unclog it. It hasn't happened hardly at all with my daughter though.

Quoting wulfeyes05:

Good thing you got it out. I got mastitis once and didn't even know it. My breast was red and itchy and warm and I thought it was just a rash or something. I went into the emergency room for lower back pain after having my youngest. Turned out I had a bad UTI. I had the doctor look at my breast because the itch was worse and he said that is the beginning of mastitis. I was like dafuq...how did that happen? The mastitis caused my duct to swell and get all clogged. I had to pump and feed my son constantly. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 18, 2013 at 3:17 AM
1 mom liked this

OMG those hurt so bad. I used to get so engorged that I would soak the nursing pads. I would get home and my shirt would  be off before I was through the door. All I would say is Baby NOW. lol.  I am glad those days are behind me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 18, 2013 at 3:19 AM
With my first, sometimes I had to squeeze milk out. My boobs made lots of milk. They would get engorged a lot, I was so glad when he was ready to eat. Awe, the memories...
mamaslove4ever
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 3:21 AM
Love empty boobs especially after releaving a cloged duck
ninjakids
by Christina on Mar. 18, 2013 at 3:22 AM
I had that once...not sure which was worse that or the matisis we had when Ds was about 2-3 weeks old his
banana-bear
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 3:31 AM
I was just being me :oP

I remember the engorgement! I nursed on demand though, so maybe that's why I never had a clogged duct.

Quoting Anonymous:

It's the same pain as being engorged when you're like 2-3 days pp. it sucks. I've only had them a few times after too long away from the baby. Pumps just don't work like babies do. Lol.

Thanks. And sorry for the tmi. I work with all men so I have no one to complain to. Lol.

Quoting banana-bear:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 18, 2013 at 4:18 AM
1 mom liked this
Yeah I nurse on demand too. But I work. And I work nights. That doesn't help. I've had a few things that kept me home a little longer. Like a surgery an such. During those times I don't have a single issue. It's when I'm at work for 12 hrs and have to pump.

Babies are just so much more efficient at emptying a breast. Or two if needed! Lol

Quoting banana-bear:

I was just being me :oP

I remember the engorgement! I nursed on demand though, so maybe that's why I never had a clogged duct.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting banana-bear:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)