Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Sperm donors

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 171 Replies
4 moms liked this

One of my pet peeves is when women refer to the father of their children as sperm donors. Seriously? You had sex with him. Yes he put his sperm in you and yes he may not want to be a father but he's not a sperm donor. You don't get child support from sperm donors, they are not the daddy, they don't get visitation, they don't have to go to court to fight you. Sperm donors give their sample to sperm banks who then sell the sperm to be implanted into a women to create a baby. If you had sex with a guy and he doesn't want to be a dad or pay child support or see the child he is not a sperm donor, he is your baby daddy. Could also be your ex husband, ex boyfriend, ex fiance, etc but he is not a sperm donor.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 18, 2013 at 3:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
quickbooksworm
by Ruby Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 3:24 AM
1 mom liked this
I sometimes refer to my ex husband as my sons biological contributor. He was there for 3 years and has phased himself out. The only thing he contributes was genetic material and an occasional headache.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kerriebear007
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 3:25 AM
Agreed
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ninjakids
by Christina on Mar. 18, 2013 at 3:27 AM
14 moms liked this
Most people who i know that use that terms childs bio dad was nothing more than a sperm donor... Not everyone runs to get child support.

I also find 'baby daddy' more disgusting than 'sperm donor'
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 18, 2013 at 3:48 AM
1 mom liked this
In the case of my daughter that isn't true. He is a sperm donor. No visitstions, won't pay his cs, and has only seen her once when she was 3 weeks old. His other kids are more important. Not that he sees them either. Oh well im happy it turned out how it did. She is better off.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 18, 2013 at 3:50 AM

The term sperm donor is different than a guy that walks out though. Even a one night stand that didn't want to be a dad is more than a sperm donor. IMO I don't like the term baby daddy but I like it more than sperm donor. At least it's more accurate. 

Quoting ninjakids:

Most people who i know that use that terms childs bio dad was nothing more than a sperm donor... Not everyone runs to get child support.

I also find 'baby daddy' more disgusting than 'sperm donor'

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 18, 2013 at 3:52 AM
1 mom liked this

You're missing my point. He is not a sperm donor. He didn't jerk off into a cup and you didn't pay to have his sperm artificially inseminate you. Was he your husband?

Quoting Anonymous:

In the case of my daughter that isn't true. He is a sperm donor. No visitstions, won't pay his cs, and has only seen her once when she was 3 weeks old. His other kids are more important. Not that he sees them either. Oh well im happy it turned out how it did. She is better off.

HotMomma2622
by Gold Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 3:54 AM
3 moms liked this
Nope I beg to defer, he is a sperm donor. Yep that's what he is. He don't pay child support don't do a damn thing for our son unless he wants to show him off to his people and I won't let that happen. Our son has seizures and he has not called me one time to see how his son is doing. Yes at one point we was "in love " going to get married but, when I was pregnant with our son he was drunk and put his hands on me so I was like be gone, kick rocks huh no more us what ever. So he is a sperm donor ,someone told me if you are mad at you donor the baby will come out looking like him my ass must of been pissed to hell there ain't no way he can deny this baby and he don't. SPERM Donor ! till the cows come home.
white_wolf454
by Platinum Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 3:55 AM

he dont pay for child support just bitches more then a woman

Evelynsmama2012
by Bronze Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 3:55 AM

No,In my daughter's case,He is most definitely a sperm donor,As soon as i told him i was pregnant,he put me on a plane and shipped me off to my parents,I went through the pregnany pretty much on my own,Except for when i was 4 months pregnant and he visited me for a month,went to ONE appointment,Found time to screw my "best friend" then went back to AR and broke up with,My daughter is 9 months old now,and he has literally never seen her,even one time,He wants nothing to do with her,pays no child support,didn't wanna be on the birth certificate and and now wants to sign away the rights he doesn't have

SadeAyosmom
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 3:56 AM
1 mom liked this

not sure but if i were in that situation I am SURE i would have a lot of names for a man who got me pregnant then disappeared.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)