Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

This is a question for the women who are not going to marry their SO.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies
1 mom liked this

Just out of curosity, will he marry you or no? I as just wondering if it was your choice not to marry or he just will never marry you.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 18, 2013 at 6:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 18, 2013 at 6:33 AM
It was my choice not to marry.
FooLynRoo
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 6:35 AM
I'm married but wasn't for the first 10 years. It wasn't that either of us wouldn't marry, its that we couldn't agree on how or where and it wasn't that important to either of us to push the issue. The fact the we married at all was a fluke
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
truelyred2
by Bronze Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 6:45 AM
we ended up getting married however we were together 3 years and had a baby. I was with my ex husband for 20 years, married 12. he was a bastard and tried to cheat with everyone he could, hit me, etc. I was promised forever, but forever had an end.
I didn't want to remarry because to me marriage is a piece of paper, but a true commitment. that piece of paper doesn't make him any more yours or you any more his.
commitment is given with or without marriage. I did end up marrying him but that was because he begged me for 3 years
BeansandMash
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 6:49 AM
Both.

I'm not worth the paperwork, and his abs arent up to par.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 18, 2013 at 6:54 AM
Its me. Its been 9yrs he just proposed last month for the third time I said yes but honestly IDK if it will really happen it kinda feels like a hassel to plan and its a lot of money and really getting married isn't going to change anything.
F_Stathouse
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 6:55 AM
Not marrying my SO, after my first failed marriage and his 3 failed marriages. I am not chancing another fail.

Hes been acting weird the past few days anyways and Im at the end of my rope. smh
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CampClan
by Platinum Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 6:59 AM
1 mom liked this

I am currently single (divorced for almost a year now) & at the moment I don't have a boyfriend. But if the situation were to ever come up again I would get remarried. Just because living together in sin is not something I want to do nor teach my kids is okay to do. And for the record- my ex & I dated for 3 years before we got married & finally lived together. Until then I lived with my parents or in my own apartment & he lived with his mom or his own apartment. 

rayroe2
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 7:04 AM
Its not a rule to have a big fancy wedding my wedding cost $100ish gas, the marriage lis. And whatever other fees...then we went and got hot dogs. Once we was married. It was fun. Not nothing fancy.

Quoting Anonymous:

Its me. Its been 9yrs he just proposed last month for the third time I said yes but honestly IDK if it will really happen it kinda feels like a hassel to plan and its a lot of money and really getting married isn't going to change anything.
SarahCnDsMom
by Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 8:05 AM
1 mom liked this
Having only boys, part of the reason I'm getting married is to set a good example. I don't want them to grow up thinking that its OK to get someone pregnant and just shack up and play house forever. OK that may be an extreme example but you get the idea right? Kids and households require a lot of responsible values. If they never marry, that's fine, in all reality it has worked for DF and I just fine this long. But now that I'm in the wedding planning stage, its really sinking in what marriage really represents. :)
rayroe2
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 8:07 AM
Bump
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)