Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I am the dominant!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies

In my house what I say goes. Things get done the way I want them done, things happen when I want them to happen. I am the queen! and thst part? my husband LOVES it! :) that is my confession

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 18, 2013 at 8:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kdizzlej
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 9:02 AM
I make most of the decisions in our house and I pay the bills and handle the money. But my husband has things that he is more dominant in. He usually does the grocery shopping for me because I have a bad back and he deals with the problems around the house and handles talking with people over the phone as far as bills and maintaence goes. But for the most part I think it is shared pretty equally. I might do or have more say over somethings, but he does too. And at the end of the day we both respect each other, trust each other, and agree with the way the other handles their share.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 18, 2013 at 9:04 AM
My husband fears me for a week or 2 every month, but otherwise we are a team.
Nicole1357
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 9:08 AM

This is almost exactly how it is in our home. 

Quoting kdizzlej:

I make most of the decisions in our house and I pay the bills and handle the money. But my husband has things that he is more dominant in. He usually does the grocery shopping for me because I have a bad back and he deals with the problems around the house and handles talking with people over the phone as far as bills and maintaence goes. But for the most part I think it is shared pretty equally. I might do or have more say over somethings, but he does too. And at the end of the day we both respect each other, trust each other, and agree with the way the other handles their share.

Our God is healer, awesome in power!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 18, 2013 at 9:09 AM

strangely my husband enjoys being submissive. He likes not having to make any decisions. when he gets home from work the only job he has is to sit there and enjoy his child and tv lol... he knew when he married me i want what i want when i want it, and he is very happy to cater to that :)

Quoting kdizzlej:

TableforSeven
by Platinum Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 9:12 AM

We are a partnership....neither one is 'in charge' of the other.  

bc19
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 9:14 AM
1 mom liked this

It is similiar here but only because he runs a restuarant. He doesn't want to have to be the boss at home as well as at work. So I am the one who makes and enforces things at home so he can have a break when he is here. He steps in and helps when he can.

kdizzlej
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 12:47 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm very glad it works for your relationship! Every one is different an what works for one doesn't always work for another. So I'm glad it works for you and you're both happy!

Quoting Anonymous:

strangely my husband enjoys being submissive. He likes not having to make any decisions. when he gets home from work the only job he has is to sit there and enjoy his child and tv lol... he knew when he married me i want what i want when i want it, and he is very happy to cater to that :)

Quoting kdizzlej:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
dbrown1989
by Gold Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 12:49 PM

I'm not the dominant....buuuut when I need/want something done, all I have to do is ask him to do it. I'd much rather be his equal than to order him around.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 18, 2013 at 9:24 PM

no no no.. i dont order him around!! I simply ask for things to be done or things i want/need and he doesnt fight about it, he just does it! if any any moment he were to tell me no, I would strongly consider why hes saying no, (such as babe im getting my hair done, he says umm we dont really have the money... I wouldnt get it done)... but whenever i want something or need something he pipes up to do it on his own!

Quoting dbrown1989:

I'm not the dominant....buuuut when I need/want something done, all I have to do is ask him to do it. I'd much rather be his equal than to order him around.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 18, 2013 at 9:27 PM

I dont boss him around.. he works all day brings home the money.. i handle everything in the house (the cooking cleaning child care etc), but when i say i want/need something there is no fight on his side.. everyone that knows us says i "wear the pants" in this relationship.. i make sure he is happy as well.. but the saying goes "a happy wife a happy life!"

Quoting TableforSeven:

We are a partnership....neither one is 'in charge' of the other.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)