Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Sometimes I wish I wasn't a mom...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
When things get really bad, and I'm so frustrated with my child, I'll just sit there and think "I wish CPS or someone would just come and take him, or I wish I could give him up for adoption!" Just so I won't have to deal with him anymore and my life can be back to normal again...
Has anyone else ever thought this? :(
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 18, 2013 at 9:02 AM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 18, 2013 at 9:15 AM
Almost 9 months.

Quoting spunky946:

How old is he? You need to find a sitter.
robyann
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 9:17 AM

No I have never felt like I didn't want my child. I do understand how a mom could feel this way though. You do need a break, you need to either find a sitter or family that can help out. What about your mother? Or an aunt? Being a mom is a hard job and sometimes we do need help and encouragement. I hope you can find someone who is willing to help and encourage you. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 18, 2013 at 9:19 AM
My aunt would probably help but my boyfriend wouldn't just let me drop our son off with her for no reason. He'd tell me to suck it up.

Quoting robyann:

No I have never felt like I didn't want my child. I do understand how a mom could feel this way though. You do need a break, you need to either find a sitter or family that can help out. What about your mother? Or an aunt? Being a mom is a hard job and sometimes we do need help and encouragement. I hope you can find someone who is willing to help and encourage you. 

BEXi
by BEXi on Mar. 18, 2013 at 9:21 AM

When my depression and anxiety got the best of me, yes. I thought my children would be better off in someone elses care. But it wasnt just my children I had that mindset with, I believed everyone would be better off without me in general.

I got help since and I havent been happier in a long long time.

MommynMonster
by Silver Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 9:22 AM

I feel the same way sometimes too, and its usually because Im under a lot of stress that has nothing to do with him. -hugs- it does get easier with time though because you can always fnd a sitter, or take him to some playground and let him run around til he drops, etc. Find some quiet time for yourself

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 18, 2013 at 9:22 AM
I have those thoughts too some days.

Quoting BEXi:

When my depression and anxiety got the best of me, yes. I thought my children would be better off in someone elses care. But it wasnt just my children I had that mindset with, I believed everyone would be better off without me in general.

I got help since and I havent been happier in a long long time.

BEXi
by BEXi on Mar. 18, 2013 at 9:22 AM

He needs to be more supportive, and if he cant, I would look on moving on. If you are dealing with deeper issues, such as depression or whatever- having a toxic nonsupportive spouse is only going to make you worse.

Quoting Anonymous:

My aunt would probably help but my boyfriend wouldn't just let me drop our son off with her for no reason. He'd tell me to suck it up.

Quoting robyann:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 18, 2013 at 9:24 AM
Can I pm you from my profile? (Don't tell anyone who I am lol)

Quoting BEXi:

He needs to be more supportive, and if he cant, I would look on moving on. If you are dealing with deeper issues, such as depression or whatever- having a toxic nonsupportive spouse is only going to make you worse.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting robyann:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 18, 2013 at 9:25 AM
Honey, you have a reason. Mom's need breaks. If he gives you an issue about needing a break, you need reevaluate your relationship.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting robyann:

robyann
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 9:25 AM

Well then there ya go----he can watch the baby while you get a break! Tell him you have a standing "date" with a friend to do something every week or every other week, then hand him the baby and leave. He can surely watch his own child for a few hours a week. If he feels you should "suck it up", then he should too. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting robyann:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)