Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Sometimes I wish I wasn't a mom...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
When things get really bad, and I'm so frustrated with my child, I'll just sit there and think "I wish CPS or someone would just come and take him, or I wish I could give him up for adoption!" Just so I won't have to deal with him anymore and my life can be back to normal again...
Has anyone else ever thought this? :(
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 18, 2013 at 9:02 AM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 18, 2013 at 9:26 AM
When I get that frustrated, I call my mom or mil and sometimes I wake up my husband (he works nights) and I take some time to myself. Just a few hours to breathe. It helps us all.

I have thought to myself we should've waited longer but I couldn't imagine my life without her.
lifeisajoy
by Platinum Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 9:27 AM

Sorry mama and hugs!! What is going on that makes you feel this way?  No bashing here-Raising children can be very challenging-take care and wish you the best

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Mar. 18, 2013 at 9:27 AM
I would freak out at night with my son. I was so scared he would pass away in his sleep so I would stay up all night and watch him. Then when the morning came he would be up tired and not in a good mood. I would get mad and upset. When I would get that way. I would take a hot bath and put him in his swing or bounce and let him sleep. While I took a bath.
dee1603
by Gold Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 9:28 AM
This is not meant to sound mean. But if you feel like you don't want him, please, for the well being of that child, give him up for adoption. It's unfair to have him if you don't want him. He deserves a mother who wants him all the time, not just when times are good. He probably senses that he's unwanted which is why he is restless or fussy a lot of the time.

Quoting Anonymous:

Almost 9 months.

Quoting spunky946:

How old is he? You need to find a sitter.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 18, 2013 at 9:28 AM
He's just starting to crawl and get into things that he shouldn't get into. He's teething. He wakes up every couple hours at night. It's just everything.

Quoting lifeisajoy:

Sorry mama and hugs!! What is going on that makes you feel this way?  No bashing here-Raising children can be very challenging-take care and wish you the best

BEXi
by BEXi on Mar. 18, 2013 at 9:28 AM

Of course, and no I wouldnt. Ill be in and out on CM throughout the day. :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Can I pm you from my profile? (Don't tell anyone who I am lol)

Quoting BEXi:

He needs to be more supportive, and if he cant, I would look on moving on. If you are dealing with deeper issues, such as depression or whatever- having a toxic nonsupportive spouse is only going to make you worse.

Quoting Anonymous:

My aunt would probably help but my boyfriend wouldn't just let me drop our son off with her for no reason. He'd tell me to suck it up.

Quoting robyann:

No I have never felt like I didn't want my child. I do understand how a mom could feel this way though. You do need a break, you need to either find a sitter or family that can help out. What about your mother? Or an aunt? Being a mom is a hard job and sometimes we do need help and encouragement. I hope you can find someone who is willing to help and encourage you. 

lifeisajoy
by Platinum Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 9:33 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

He's just starting to crawl and get into things that he shouldn't get into. He's teething. He wakes up every couple hours at night. It's just everything.

Quoting lifeisajoy:

Sorry mama-message me anytime-
rayroe2
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 9:35 AM
I have.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
rayroe2
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 9:35 AM
I have no one around when I get like that and I hate feeling lonely in that time frame.
rockgal81
by Steph on Mar. 18, 2013 at 9:44 AM
My dd is almost 10 years old now, but I can remember when she was a baby and she had really bad colic and was teething at the same time. For months, she would scream from 9pm to 4am. It was awful! I was upset because I nothing I did helped her, we were both exhausted, etc. As horrible as this sounds, I remember telling my mom that I wanted to throw her against the wall. Then I felt horrible for even thinking it. My mom told me "now do you see how child abuse happens? Everyone feels this way at one point, the difference is they act on it". Keep your chin up mama. It gets easier. Don't be so hard on yourself and tell your bf or a relative to watch him and take some much needed time for yourself!! :D
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN