Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

He's done with me...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

That's what he said anyway. And then said he didn't mean it and he was "joking."

I was talking with my mom yesterday morning on the phone. She had my kids over night and was going to take them to they church they go to yesterday, but when I took their dirty clothes home Saturday night, and brought back church clothes, I forgot to get their shoes. So they were there with NO shoes to wear (they had sandles on and I had taken them home with me).

She was trying to talk me into going to their church, one I used to go to but have since quit and I was telling her no, we're going to the church we're now members of, we'll drop the kids shoes off with her on our way. She kept on and so I told her, "Mom. I'm done with this conversation." and when I said that DH snapped up, "I'm done with you."

I said, "Do WHAT?" and he wouldn't say it again. Mom's on the phone repeating herself every time I say "what?"....I got tired of it so I just dropped the phone and kept asking him to repeat what he said. He still wouldn't, and I guess mom realized I wasn't on my phone any more so she called DH's and asked what was going on and I just said, "We'll be by there with shoes in about 35 minutes." and threw his phone down.

He still wouldn't repeat himself so I told him "If I heard correctly, you're done with me?? Well, pack your shit and get out." And I went and started throwing his clothes out of the closet while crying my eyes out. He came in there and said he was joking because he heard me telling mom over and over that I was done with the conversation. I guess it makes sense, I don't know.....but I've spent all day yesterday and so far all day today crying. I don't know what to think, say, or do :(

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 18, 2013 at 9:11 AM
Replies (41-47):
othermom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 10:09 AM

I think you over reacted.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Mar. 18, 2013 at 10:13 AM
You are being overly dramatic.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 18, 2013 at 12:46 PM

Why would you ask him a million times to repeat what he said?  I'd be pissed at you too.  Plus it's just plain crazy to badger someone to death.

3gr8tKids
by Gold Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 12:51 PM
Hormones.
Pnukey
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 12:53 PM

PMS is a bitch. He was joking.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 18, 2013 at 12:54 PM

Because I know if he would have actually repeated himself, or said "you heard me" that he WAS joking. The fact that he didn't say anything speaks volumes. After living with him for ten years, I know his behavior.

Asking him more than once to repeat himself was just me hoping he would repeat it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Why would you ask him a million times to repeat what he said?  I'd be pissed at you too.  Plus it's just plain crazy to badger someone to death.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Mar. 18, 2013 at 12:57 PM
Is that your typical pre- church behavior? Sounded like a wise ass comment, gone bad to me. And you flipped out, trashing his belongings. I'd be furious with you.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN