Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

We are all afraid of our child's school being shot up....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 43 Replies
(If your child doesn't go to school, just disregard this post PLEASE)

But does anyone ever think, "what if its MY child who shoots the school?"

I'm sure most of the parents of school shooters never expected their child to do such a thing. My kids are in elementary still, but what if they become victims of terrible bullying? Or fall in to a deep depression?

I'd like to think I'd see the signs that something is wrong, but you never know what could happen.

What would you do if your child became a mass shooter? Would you still love them? Would you defend them?

The movie "We need to talk about Kevin," made me think of this.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 18, 2013 at 2:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovemyhoney19
by Gold Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 2:46 PM
What's the movie about? And yes I have this fear every day. Not just school but every where we go. I don't let it consume me but it does suck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
godsgirl26
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 2:47 PM
If that ever happens yes i would still love my child.

No i would not defend him if he did something like that.
I don't worry as much anymore because my kids are all in Christian private school now :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Kaelaasmom
by Katie on Mar. 18, 2013 at 2:47 PM
I don't fear the school being shot up, nor do I fear my child being the shooter.
MistyMoo
by Ruby Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 2:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Well, I'd also like to think that I'd see some signs, but that doesn't always happen.. I don't know if I could ever look at my child the same after something like that would happen. Hell, I don't think I'd feel the same about them at all. It would really depend on the circumstances for me defending them.. These are hard questions, that you can't really answer until you're in that position.. But, I don't fear that my child's school will be shot up or that they will be a shooter.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 18, 2013 at 2:49 PM
It's about a boy who is disturbed. His mom is borderline emotionally abusive. It's about the lead up and aftermath of what he does at his school.

Quoting lovemyhoney19:

What's the movie about? And yes I have this fear every day. Not just school but every where we go. I don't let it consume me but it does suck.
Ayla-bellesmom
by Gold Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 2:50 PM

Nothing would ever make me stop loving my child.

That said, neither of those scenario's is really something I worry about.

lovemyhoney19
by Gold Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 2:50 PM
1 mom liked this
It can happen anywhere at anytime and sometimes from who we least expect it. Don't be a naive parent.

Quoting godsgirl26:

I don't worry as much anymore because my kids are all in Christian private school now :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
carrieasia
by Bronze Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 2:51 PM
Hmm. I hope I would see the signs, but i dont know. I would love them regardless, but they wouldn't be free.

I don't let the fear of being shot consume me. I think it helps that i grew up with two liscensed gun instructors and carry my own concealed weapon. I do fear that it could happen at my dd's school, but statistically speaking, the chances are small
godsgirl26
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 2:52 PM
I wasn't born yesterday so i know it can happen anywhere. I just don't have that worry now :)

Quoting lovemyhoney19:

It can happen anywhere at anytime and sometimes from who we least expect it. Don't be a naive parent.

Quoting godsgirl26:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 18, 2013 at 2:52 PM
Maybe worry was the wrong word. But just thinking, all of these horrible things that happen....those people are someone's child. I guess this could apply to anything, are we raising them right? I bet most of the parents thought they were raising their kids right, then they fall off the deep end and kill a bunch of people.

Quoting Ayla-bellesmom:

Nothing would ever make me stop loving my child.

That said, neither of those scenario's is really something I worry about.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured