Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My dh and I plan to live at my parents house for the rest of our life..

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
--please ignore any typos, my phone hates me today lol--

Im going anon because well.. Im sure im going to get bashed. I just felt the need to open up about my situation.

My parents have a very large house on a huge piece of land. They built it from the ground up with the intentions of giving their children and grandchildren a home. All my siblings are older than me. (The one closest to my age is 10 years apart from me.) They all have homes/appartments of their own and really dont have much interest in our parents property.. Besides my sister that is but I really dont see her, her dh and kids moving out of the city any time soon. Soo me and my dh got to talking and realized.. Whats the point in wasting money when my parents are leaving us everything in the end anyways?

Yes we both have jobs and could easily afford to buy our own home but we just dont see the need for it. We pretty much have our own place. Our own living room, kitchen, masterbed and bath, two bedrooms for the kids, and game room. (We pay for our own food, phone, cable, internet) We have everything we would have in our own home. So why not save up the money we would spend on a house and put it towards other things? We dont see a problem with it.

Edit-

The house and majority of the land is being left to me. Only certain parts of the land is going to my siblings so that if they want to built their own house later on, they can. If they choose to sell their parts then so be it. Its far enough away from the house that it wont bother us. If we have the money at the time then yeah, we'll probably buy it.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 18, 2013 at 4:18 PM
Replies (141-141):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 19, 2013 at 10:59 PM
Everyone has already signed in agreement. I said that a little bit ago.

Quoting Anonymous:

FYI- the true character of people is usually not seen until they think they are being cheated.  When your siblings get a handle on what you're "getting" be prepared for a battle.  It happens all the time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured