Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Ok lets hear your most terrifying pregnacy/labor stories!!!

Posted by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 4:44 PM
  • 107 Replies
Well I have an extremely incompetent cervix, so whenever I am pregnant I slowly dilate at around 4 and a half months or 5 months. Ok since I stated that, my oldest DD was born at 32 weeks (3lbs 14oz.) and had to stay in the NICU for 1 month :(.

My youngest DD was a completely scary pregnacy. I had to literally stay on bedrest for 2 and a half months to prolong my pregnacy but she still ended up coming out at 27 weeks (4lbs 2oz.). When she was born she did not cry at all and I was devastated because I thought I lost my precious baby girl. Her lung had collapsed and they had to revive her. She stayed in the NICU for a month and a week.

I am truly glad to say that both of my beautiful baby girls are healthy and quite busy (lol) 1 and 2 year olds. I am trying to upload a pic of my youngest DD while she was in the Hospital a week after her birth :).

What were your terrifying labor/pregnacy stories?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 4:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
keisha613
by Silver Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 4:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Sorry to hear about the preterm births.  Glad the girls are okay.  Nothing terrifying from me.  All 5 of my deliveries were uneventful/wonderful.

peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 4:48 PM
1 mom liked this
I went from 4 to 10 in a matter of minutes and ds was almost born in the bathroom!
msz.mamiiof2
by Bronze Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 4:50 PM
7 moms liked this

A week after her entrance into the world!!!
mylovey
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 4:51 PM

I am glad to hear that both your children are healthy.

I really don't have any. Both pregnancies were pretty awesome. I love and even miss being pregnant. My daughter's birth wasn't terrible, but I did want a better experience the next time around. With Fin I seen a wonderful midwife throughout my pregnancy, and had him at home. It was a lovely experience.

Mommy to little Miss. Saylor, and little Mr. Finley. 

mommie2twogirls
1 mom liked this

They failed to notice I was bleeding out after I had my first and I almost died.... that was pretty scarey

msz.mamiiof2
by Bronze Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 4:51 PM
Wow that is pretty quick!!! I am glad he is ok :)

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

I went from 4 to 10 in a matter of minutes and ds was almost born in the bathroom!

bjsgrl
1 mom liked this

My 4th was scary. I had all c-sections and because of that, I had Placenta Accreta. My placenta actually was attached to my uterus and bladder. I was on bedrest at 4 months until I delivered at 36 weeks. I was told whenever I staryed bleeding, they had to deliver the baby otherwise I would bleed to death. I made it to 36 weeks and she stayed in NICU for 2 weeks. They took my uterus and one ovary. Nicked my bladder but it wasnt too bad considering the circumstances.

SuperPickle
by Gold Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 4:53 PM

I am extremely thankful that the most "terrifying" thing to happen during any of my 3 pregnancies/deliveries is DH having a seizure right before I was being prepped for a c section....luckily he came to and made it back in time to see his second son being born.

slvr115
by Gold Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 4:54 PM
I was induced at 42 weeks. The first time nothing happened (a little pain, not bad). They turned it off and sent me home.

Two days later I went back, and they did it again. This time the labor started almost instantly. But, 12 hours later, I was still only 1/2 cm dilated. Oh, and my contractions had gotten so long that there was no pause between them. And the pains were so bad I was crying.

So anyways, they decide to turn it off again, and give me a c-section in the morning (it's like 8:00pm). So they turned it off, but my contractions didn't stop. So, two hours later after I had stopped peeing and started puking, they finally decided to do an emergency c-section. So they cathed me in the room, and made me walk down the hall that way, still contracting nonstop, to the OR. Then the guy had the redo my spinal 4 times (I still have scars from it). He said it was my fault because I was 'too tense'.

The c-section was the best part!
msz.mamiiof2
by Bronze Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 4:54 PM
Wow I have always wanted a midwife to share my child birthing experiences with but I had complicated pregnacies :(

Quoting mylovey:

I am glad to hear that both your children are healthy.

I really don't have any. Both pregnancies were pretty awesome. I love and even miss being pregnant. My daughter's birth wasn't terrible, but I did want a better experience the next time around. With Fin I seen a wonderful midwife throughout my pregnancy, and had him at home. It was a lovely experience.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)