Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Yes, I well aware that I'm fat. I don't need you to fucking point it out all the damn time.if

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies
I'm 5 ft 8.
I weigh 204 lbs.
My mother has taken it upon her self to constantly point out how much weight I've gained. And state that I look pregnant.

In the beginning of 2010 I weighed 132 lbs.

Since then I have been diagnosed with type one diabetes and have an 11 month old daughter.

I've always struggled with my weight.
I was always the "fat girl".

I suddenly dropped weight in high school and went from a size 9 to a size 3.

And...I was happy.
I felt better about my looks and my body.

But the weight didn't stay off.
It fluctuated.
I'd gain some then lose some.

While I was pregnant I was diagnosed with type one diabetes.

I weighed 142 when i was 8 weeks pregnant. I gained 60 lbs while I was pregnant.

A majority of my pregnancy was spent on bed rest.

My blood sugars were not good.
They kept having me up the insulin, then up the carbs.

Dd was appearing to be growth restricted so I had to start eating more, taking more vitamins and supplements.

I wasnt happy about gaining the weight but it was for the sake of my child.

At birth dd weighed 6lbs 10 oz.

And I was 60 lbs heavier than when I got pregnant.

That did and still does upset me.

I absolutely hate my body.

Im on a low carb, high protein diet.
I exceeding daily.
My blood sugars still are not within the range they should be and my weight is way off from where I want to be.

But my doctor wants to focus on my blood sugars first and get my levels down before I start trying to lose weight again.

And since she's my mother she knows all of this. And knows how much I've struggled with my body.

And even though she knows this she still looked right at me and said
"you know. You've gained Alot of weight. You look pregnant. Are you pregnant?"

Seriousily mom? What the fuck?!
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 18, 2013 at 5:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mybabyapples
by Nickels on Mar. 18, 2013 at 5:45 PM
2 moms liked this
A good fuck off never hurt anyone.
Melissa_4
by Ruby Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 5:46 PM
5 moms liked this

The reply:  "You know, you look like my mother, but sound stupid.  Are you stupid?"

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 18, 2013 at 5:48 PM
5 moms liked this

Just tell her that "I'm sexy and I know it" - all while rubbing yourself and dancing awkawardly. She wont ask again I can guarentee it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 18, 2013 at 5:48 PM
I'm so sorry.
Your weight isn't anyone's business.
Not even your mother's.
Brooklynsmom119
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 5:48 PM
Don't feel bad, I'm 5'2 and 225 love yourself and let others fall by the wayside
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 18, 2013 at 5:49 PM
Wtf!?!? I'd cut her off when she tries that shit. You have enough going on in your life without her abuse. Like your doctors said, focus on getting the sugars under control and then worry about body weight. Really just worry about being healthy! for you and your baby. No-one else.
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Mar. 18, 2013 at 5:49 PM

Your MOM SUCKS.....................

Elyce225
by Emerald Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 5:50 PM
  • I was diagnosed with diabetes with my last child.  I couldn't control it with insulin, it was bad. I gained a lot of weight with him also.  I was 180lbs at the end.  I have always been petite.  I was stuck at 140lbs for a good two months.  No matter what I did I could not lose the weight.  Well I exercised more.  It came off.  Diabetes wasn't an excuse.  Try harder and it will happen.  Maybe you need to hear that you are fat, a constant reminder may kick your fat ass into motion, lol.
Holland04
by Bronze Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 5:50 PM

****big hug*** We are the same height and I was 210 when I got pregnant with this baby and weighed 216 today at my thryoid doctor's appointment. Weight loss has been a HUGE struggle for me too. I'm luckily not diabetic but I know that is a possiblity if I don't take care of myself. I have a fmaily history of high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and heart disease. I ask my endocrinologist (when not preggo) how to loose weight and all she says is take your thryoid meds. My response is well doing that....what else. I'm so tired of being tired and so tired of being that person who isn't happy just being me. If your doctor is focusing on the blood sugars and montoring you then to hell with what your mom thinks. If you have to limit visits/calls with your mom. Just tell her if she isn't going to be positive and supportive then you are not going to speak to her. 

rliperote2
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 5:52 PM

I have struggled with my weight off and on im the mother of 7 and expecting so pregnant weight is not as easy to get off as normal fat either.  My mother is very similar we actually dont talk much because she looks down on me for different reasons but sometimes you need to turn you back on family to have a happy life..  If your mom is that cruel i would talk to her give her a chance if she doesnt stop i would give myself some space from her.  You arent going to lose it having someone talk to you like that. Stress is the worst thing what she is doing is the opposite of helping  you

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN