Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Here is a question about tattoing and teens

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 50 Replies

Would you  allow your  freshly turn 15 year old son get a tattoo?

I nothing against tattoos but I find it very trashy and low class to see young teens with tattoos.  I do not mind tattoos on over those over the age 21 but under makes me cringe. I came across picture of my old friend's son R sporting a tattoo. I have kind of lost respect for his father and mother, both were teen parents when they had R. so it makes me wonder would the age that you had children make a difference on the decision 

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 18, 2013 at 5:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CreziaMommyTo2
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 6:02 PM
3 moms liked this

i have 13 tattoos.  i would NEVER EVER EVER let my 15 year old get a tattoo. they are not mentally ready to make a permenant decision.  if my parents had allowed me to, i probably would have some stupid cartoon or NKOTB tatted on me.

i will tell them i have no problems with tatts, but for them to wait and decide when they are of legal age.  

JennyCaps
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 6:06 PM
My dh got a tattoo when he was 18 with his dad. I have no problem with after 18 years of age. My dh and FIL may be trashy to you but now that FIL is no longer with us I am happy dh got to do that with his dad.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 18, 2013 at 6:11 PM

My rules about tattoos are 18+ because I feel that kids can pick some dumb stuff. When I was a kid my friend got a Marilyn Manson tattoo. He stopped listening like a week later and switched to rap music. Then he got a giant mural of the Alice and Wonderland caterpillar smoking a mushroom bong on his back and he is now clean and sober! He was 15 & 16 respectively. So that was awesome. I would only bend on this if it was a tattoo to memorialize someone if they passed. But my kids terrified of needles so I don't think it'll be an issue any time soon

nerdymom28
by Ruby Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 6:14 PM
1 mom liked this

No. The law says 18, and that is acceptable to me.

cLanief
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 6:14 PM
I will NEVER allow my kids to get a tatto before they're legally able to obtain them on their own. Plus it is ILLEGAL in most places to tattoo anyone under the age of 18 even if the parent said ok. Plus... no respectible tattoo artist would do such a thing..
Sapphire.Tears
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 6:16 PM

Hell. No.

IDidYourMom8709
by Bronze Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 6:17 PM
i have 12 tattoos and 2 of them were decided on at age 15. being mentally ready has nothing to do with it.

My rule is: age 16 and up, he has to pay for it himself, it has to be done at the shop i go to so i know that its done by a reputable artist, the design cannot be trash/vulgar/profane and it has to be somewhere that he can cover it up for a job.

Quoting CreziaMommyTo2:

i have 13 tattoos.  i would NEVER EVER EVER let my 15 year old get a tattoo. they are not mentally ready to make a permenant decision.  if my parents had allowed me to, i probably would have some stupid cartoon or NKOTB tatted on me.

i will tell them i have no problems with tatts, but for them to wait and decide when they are of legal age.  

caito
by Ruby Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 6:18 PM

HELL no.

lauren.m
by Platinum Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 6:18 PM
1 mom liked this
I got my first at 14. I still love the one i got. I am a hypocrite tho because my children will not be allowed to get one until they are 18 or older.
caito
by Ruby Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 6:18 PM
1 mom liked this

If I would have gotten tattooed at 15, I'd have had the NSYNC symbol somewhere on me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN