Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Appendix question-help help help!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 64 Replies
So dd(8) started complaining of lower right side pain sat nite-no fever but nausea and diarrhea off and on. She describes the pain as a throbbing when it hits and now it radiates to her belly. It is very periodic. I took her to her doc today and they ran a CBC and urine culture as well as a cbp or a crp ( lol not good with remembering.)

She has low grade fever (99 ish) and when doc was doing exam no matter where doc worked around-pain was always in same same spot( about an inch and a half on the inside of her right hip bone.
The doc was just not real sure and is waiting on the liver test to see where we are at--next step is ultrasound.
Has anyone had experience with appendix probs in kiddos or anything with same symptoms?
The only real thing I didn't like was we didn't seen dd's regular pedi(same office though) and though I trust her, she just doesn't know my dd history.

On a side note-my dd has post-strep reactive arthritis-which basically means her body attacks itself when the bacteria is present. I thought maybe it was related but her outbreaks generally present in the hip socket.

I know it is long but any advice is appreciated-I am just waiting to hear back from doc tomorrow.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 18, 2013 at 10:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ahappymommy
by Platinum Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 10:35 PM

If you think its appendix DONT WAIT!! Go to the ER and get her checked out, you dont want it to rupture!

AMedicsPixie
by Bronze Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 10:36 PM
Exactly.

Quoting ahappymommy:

If you think its appendix DONT WAIT!! Go to the ER and get her checked out, you dont want it to rupture!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 18, 2013 at 10:38 PM
Appendix pain doesn't radiate to belly. Hip bone is too low. I don't think it's appendix.
mommieof3_752
by Gold Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 10:39 PM

Im not sure hun...I hope your little girl gets better...im sorry for her. The only throbbing pain I ever had was when I had kidney stones when I was 9 months prego with my son...it was horrible to have the pain..I feel so bad for your little one. I really hope there isnt anything serious wrong. GL

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 18, 2013 at 10:40 PM
Well the CBC showed a normal WBC 8 range and she said if it was ranging infection that would have been off the charts and I think she is thinking it might be inflamed which is what the other test will give us a good idea of.

My problem is that she is not doubled over all the time--she has bounced off the walls to tonite and had about one 30 min episode that went away as fast as it came. That is why I am so confused and I don't feel like er docs really listen ya know? Ugh idk, I don't want to make it worse but don't want to seem like the mom who freaks out over everything! She also does gymnastics and I was thinking maybe she might have strained a stomach muscle?

They said to watch for high fever or vomiting--ugh!

Quoting ahappymommy:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 18, 2013 at 10:41 PM
They said today the inside of the top hip bone was the general area--makes me feel a little better that it shouldn't radiate! What else could be in that area?

Quoting Anonymous:

Appendix pain doesn't radiate to belly. Hip bone is too low. I don't think it's appendix.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 18, 2013 at 10:43 PM
Bump
MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Mar. 18, 2013 at 10:43 PM

Have you tried the jump test? Usually with appendicitis if the person jumps it Will cause excruciating pain in the right lower quad.It does not sound like appendicitis to me but if you suspect it is take her to the ER.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 18, 2013 at 10:44 PM
Gas. Especially if it moves.

Quoting Anonymous:

They said today the inside of the top hip bone was the general area--makes me feel a little better that it shouldn't radiate! What else could be in that area?

Quoting Anonymous:

KristenFowles
by Ruby Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 10:45 PM
When my appendix ruptured the pain didn't come and go. It was excruciating and I could NOT move. It was pure agony.

And I'm not someone that can't take pain.. I recovered from 3 c-sections with no pain meds.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN