Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What is your favorite shampoo and /or conditioner??

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I have been using tresemme for a couple months and I need something new.  What's your favorite??

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 18, 2013 at 11:47 PM
Replies (111-116):
ncbirdie
by Platinum Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:47 PM

Just be warned, there can be a bit of an adjustment period.  Shampoo strips the oils from your hair, so you're scalp is in hyper mode trying to replenish the oils.  When you stop stripping the oils away, it's still producing more than it naturally would be.  For about the first 2 weeks you may notice your hair being more oily than you're used to.  Once your system realizes that it doesn't have to play catch-up anymore it'll subside.

Quoting liliem:

Thanks! Totally going to try this....

Quoting ncbirdie:

There's a small bit of vinegar smell after you use it, but once my hair dries there's no smell.  I don't use anything to give it a good smell, but you can find some essential oils that you like the smell of and add a few drops to either solution.

Quoting liliem:

How does your hair smell after? Is it ok? Do you put anyting else in it to give a good smell?

Quoting ncbirdie:

The original recipe I found for the baking soda solution was 1 T of baking soda to 8 oz of water.  When I started dealing with the dandruff, I read somewhere that this was an outdated ratio and that 1 tsp to 8oz of water is better and not as drying.  When I cut down to 1 tsp, it just wasn't getting my hair clean.  After playing around with it, I use about 3 T in 32 oz of water (I make a lot at once because we go through it so quickly).  That averages out to about 3/4 T to 8 oz.  The ACV solution was the same ratio and I haven't changed it any.

Quoting liliem:

So whats your recipe... would love to try this... I went all natural a few years ago and I have not been happy with any of my shampoos or conditioners, and for a while cut out conditioner all together but it was really hard to comb my hair so I'm back with conditioner. I recently heard from my friend about 1 part organic apple cider vinegar to 2 parts water as a facial toner. I hate cutting my hair (just get trims anyway) so this is what I'm looking for and I have split ends after a couple months.

Thanks.....

Quoting ncbirdie:

I no-poo.  Baking soda water to wash, vinegar water to condition.  I dealt with a bit of dandruff a couple weeks in and had to play with the baking soda ratio to get it right for me.  My hair has never been healthier.  Haven't cut it in over a year and I don't have split ends.  My hair used to stretch and break if I tried to brush/comb it wet, but now it's strong and the brush/comb just glides right through it.  It is amazingly soft.

URHonor
by Rotten.Girl on Mar. 20, 2013 at 11:24 PM
Bumble & Bumble
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
BarbaraPassio
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 10:19 PM

Try paul mitchell for color treated hair thats what I use and my hair color doesn't fade out.

Mrs.Torres2566
by Mrs.T on Mar. 23, 2013 at 10:20 PM

Tigi Bedhead Curvacious Curls. It smells like starburst candy.

1plustwinsmommy
by Platinum Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 10:21 PM
Dove
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Pnukey
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 10:27 PM

Suave 2-in-1. It's cheap, easy, and smells nice.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN