Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

To all you SAHMs!!! *edit*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 153 Replies

..What do you do for extra money if you need it? lol. Or what are your hobbies? Just askin for funsies? lol

Or like, what do you do for extra spending money. I know most of you sahms don't "need" extra money. I'm just asking for fun. This post isn't to, like, prove a point or anything lol

I feel like some of you are trying to get smart with this post saying "I go to the bank" Like okay, if you don't do anything extra for money can you at least post your hobbies? Some moms might not need the money at all, but they might like to make money on the side sometimes just for a sense of individuality or empowerment or something..idk

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 19, 2013 at 1:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovinglife0682
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 1:13 AM
2 moms liked this
I read, sew, meet up with friends, make crafts etc. I haven't ever need to make extra money.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 19, 2013 at 1:13 AM
7 moms liked this

If I needed extra cash I would not be a sahm.

moniagee
by Platinum Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 1:14 AM
2 moms liked this
I don't exactly call myself a SAHM, because I'm never home, lol. I'm spearheading a couple of nonprofit organizations, and working with another nonprofit organization as well as grant writing. I'm also working on a book and have recently gotten back.into.crafting.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
zomgkerrie
by Geek Goddess on Mar. 19, 2013 at 1:14 AM
1 mom liked this

I teach Private Flute Lessons out of my home. It is a passion of mine so it is something that gives me a little "me" time. Also gives me a little fun money :D

Kitschy
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 1:15 AM
2 moms liked this
I bake cupcakes, but we don't need the money.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
livingforthem83
by Gold Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 1:15 AM
1 mom liked this
I braid hair, so if I need a little extra money I will do that. I don't really have any hobbies.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KayelynnsMama
by Gold Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 1:15 AM

We don't do anything for extra money.. Well, I just sold my treadmill that was being used as a dust collector. Lol. I don't really have hobbies anymore. Cafemom and I try to read after the kids go to bed. That's about it. Especially with it being so cold outside still.

kansasmom1978
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 1:15 AM

I don't do much of anything for extra cash. Hobbies are running, sewing and writing my book

ragdoll13
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 1:16 AM

I love antiques, so I buy/sell/trade.   I also sell all the baby stuff my kids outgrow except for their clothes (we keep those for the next LOs)

I also was a florist before I was married.  So occaisonally I will do a wedding or party. But that's rare.

Hobbies- I knit and build 1:1 scale dollhouses.  

gigis1
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 1:16 AM

hobbies, just turtoring.. thankfully extra money is never needed. I tutor for free because I LOVE helping and making people feel accomplished :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)